II. REAL LIFE.

THE SCENT OF FOOD nipped his noise, and he hungrily dug into his food. Mexican food was not his favorite, but damn did the local Mexican place make it well. Unfortunately, when it was cold, it wasn't as good. And so he called for Nick, his roommate, to join him. 

Nick wasn't slow in coming out of his room, his door slamming open and revealing him. Brown hair sticking out in all directions, he rubbed his eyes tiredly before looking towards where Morgan sat. He nodded as a greeting, before took his food from the brown paper bad (which was ripped on the side, due to Morgan's inability to carry it properly) and sat down. 

Morgan didn't look up from his phone which he had laying in front of him on the table until Nick scoffed upon opening the plastic box where his food was. 

"What's wrong?" Morgan asked, looking at his roommate with concerned eyes. 

Nick's noise crinkled slightly. "Nothing is wrong, I'm just much more of a carnitas person. Not- what is this- pork?" 

"Uh, sorry. I didn't know." Morgan scratched the back of his head awkwardly, hoping to avoid eye contact with his roommate. 

"It's fine."

Silence filled the air for the next few moments. Sure, Nick and Morgan were friends, but that didn't mean they were close. Most of the time, they just let each other be. Nick would stream, Morgan would play music for his college classes. 

But it was fine. Their relationship was fine as it was, and that was that.

They probably wouldn't get any closer than this.

Right?

•••

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i kinda don't like this chapter but 
here it is. idk why this took forever
to write, maybe it's because the 
inciting incident hasn't happened yet,
but i hope you enjoy anyway!!