𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌

"You guys aren't supposed to be playing out here alone." Elise entered the studio after Julie, eyes immediately finding Luke and Reggie sat together with their instrument in tow. They plucked out a melody, acknowledging the girls with smiles and subtle nods.

Julie told them to stop once more, and the music then slowly began fading to and end. They groaned in protest, but obeyed her orders grudgingly.

"But we're not alone," Reggie stood, wrapping his arms around Luke's neck and smiling widely. "We always have each other!"

Julie rolled her eyes, Elise watched the way Luke giggled and returned the side hug (the slight blush on his cheeks didn't go unnoticed.) She grinned.

"We've actually been waiting for you to wake up. You guys slept, like forever." This was not true: in fact, they'd waken up hours sooner than Elise normallly would on a Saturday morning. It was nearing 10:30, but she'd been shaken away by Julie about an hour prior. She didn't complain, though. The girl gave her some clothes to borrow (despite her saying multiple times she could just change out of Julie's loaned pajamas back into her own clothes,) but Molina insisted. She liked the fruity smell of Julie's sweatshirt.

"We've got some pretty major news, we had a band meeting earlier and-" He pointed to Reggie, who patted a drum role on his legs to build the suspense of their announcement. "We had a band meeting earlier and we want you guys to join Sunset Curve. And no, you're not dreaming."

"Oh.."

"Awesome!" Julie and Elise spoke at the same time, their clashing responses being the cause an awkward pause following.

"Julie said "Oh...", that's not good," His eyes flicked between Reggie and Elise, who shrugged confusedly and earned herself a brief glare from Julie for seemingly being on the boy's side of this conversation. "That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when you're invited to joined the greatest band ever."

"Sorry, it's just, I can't really think of anything but Flynn right now. I'm starting to worry, she's still mad at me for lying, and she hasn't texted me back since yesterday." Elise's face dropped in empathy and she placed a comforting hand on Julie's shoulder.

"...Yeah you're in a tough spot." Luke's cheeks puffed out and he scratched his neck. "So you wanna join the band, or?"

"Read the room, dude." This earned Elise an exasperated sigh from Luke. His eyes flashed back to Julie, who'd begun walking toward the door in frustration.

"Oh, come on." He leapt to follow her. "We need you and you need us because you need music!"

"I- do it for Elise at least! You guys are like, besties, right?" Her lips pressed into a thin line and her face pinched in response, Julie cocked and eyebrow and dropped her chin as if to say 'really?' "We found this poem that you wrote, and Reggie and I- we added this really cool melody to it and it- it sounds awesome."

"Oo," Elise shook her head, they'd made a mistake there. What would happen next was obvious.

"Where'd you find that?" Julie took a giant step toward Luke, his eyes shot wide open and she backed up now realizing his mistake.

"Uh- definitely not your dream box." He grabbed Reggie's arm and pulled him closer in an attempt to use him as a shield. This didn't work, of course, because she boy raised his arms in surrender and moved out of the way almost immediately.