Chapter Thirty-One

Writer's note: So. I have some news. I made a ko-fi...which is a platform where supporters (like you) can donate to creators (like me). If you like what I do consider donating.

I hope you all aren't mad or annoyed at me for asking but consider how much time I spend writing and editing and posting and know that it would mean a lot to me. ❤️

Right now it's a donating platform but eventually the bonus content for my different stories will move there on a subscription service ( maybe? Idk yet).

But I also know it's a pandemic and if you can't donate, then my stories will always be here. (But imagine how I would feel if y'all donated? 🥺) The link is in my bio.

Also! Chapter 29.5 (the night before the camping trip was posted) and chapter 31.5 (hidden scenes within the chapter half in Darius' POV and half in Trace's will be posted momentarily in the bonus book) so check them out.

Anyways. Back to the story!

WC: 5.3k

#

Right before Trace opened the first gift I had to stop him. I remembered the cupcakes I'd made  and excused myself to the cooler to get out the cakes and the icing.

I came back and laid out a tray on the bed before sitting in front of it and piping the icing on the little cakes while Trace watched. They were simple, just carrot cake with cream cheese icing but Trace had admitted once he was a slut for carrot cake. And though I didn't think of him as a slut, I took that to mean he liked it.

"Are those for me?" He asked in a small voice.

I looked up briefly. "I made them for you, yes."

His voice was low, "It's really hot having my man make things for me. Why don't you let me feed you one?"

I flushed. "Maybe later, Trace. I wanted to give you your gifts first, not get distracted."

"Distractions aren't so bad." He picked up one cupcake and started to peel back the wrapper. "Just one."

My resolve faltered and Trace took a small bite from his cupcake and groaned. "Fuck, why is everything you make so good?" Then, he raised the cupcake to my mouth and I opened it reluctantly. My belly tightened with heat as I chewed the cupcake.

Trace moved closer to me until he was a few inches from my face. "You have some icing...right...there." The kiss was deep, and Trace wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and his other hand was on my chest, stroking. "Okay," he said after several seconds, "I think we're good."

"You're evil," I said softly.

"Aw, baby, don't say that." Trace looked pointedly between my legs. "We can take a breather. Someone looks like they need to breathe."

I raised my chin definitely. "I'm fine. I want to give you your gifts! Stop c-c-conspiring against me!" I still hated how my stutter liked to make an appearance whenever I felt especially thrown.

Trace pouted. "Okay, I can behave."

"No touching until everything is exchanged."

"Yes, sir." I gave him a look and Trace finally looked chastened.  He raised his hands in defense. "Okay, okay."

I finished piping icing on the cupcakes and tried to calm myself down. My heart was absolutely racing. I sat back up and cleared my throat. "You can open your gifts, now... don't know if it's too much or too little but I just wanted to do something. But, uh, just continue." I pushed the bag over to Trace.