NO

Song in background-- few things by JP Saxe

*HUNTER *

I do my tenth lapse as I approached my gate letting g myself in. It’s been a week since Hazel got angry at me and it’s 13 hours to her mother’s surgery. This past week I’ve been losing sleep. Missed her so much I think I’m loosing my mind not seeing her. Not feeling her soft milky skinned kissing her soft full lips not smelling her rosy scent or hearing her laugh. I felt so angry with myself that I couldn’t tell her but if I did it would put her in grave danger, my business isn’t what I would be happy introducing her to. I’ve been moving about like a robot. Doing more work to keep myself busy so I wouldn’t be forced to go stalk her for the millionth time since our fight.

I made my way to the apartment and straight into the shower. I was don’t and got out. I opened the closet to pick out some clothes when the thought of out hot make out session flooded in. Fuck! Who was I kidding? I loved her like crazy and I wanted to hold her again. I pulled out a black jogger and random  t-shirt. Pulling it over my head I rushed out heading for my bike.

I reached her place and the lights were off. I walked around the house to where her window was and I skipped up unto the tiny roof beside it. I pulled out my pocket knife and picked the window open. I opened it silently and stepped it. I was inside now but the room was damn dark as I tried figuring out where she was with the help of the reflection of the moon.

I was about making my way to her bed when I felt something hot my back hard and I tumbled on the floor. I looked up to see Hazel looking at me wide eyed with her hand to her mouth.

“Oh! I’m so sorry Hunter. I thought it was a burglar or a... a rapist" she said as she rushed to help me up “or a rapist burglar” she finished.

She helped me up and unto her bed I held my shoulder in pain.

“I’m sorry” She apologized again “can... can I see?” she asked motioning to my back.

I turned to give her a view as she lifted my shirt up. She touched it and I winced in pain trying to sound hurt but I guess she caught me as she gave me a slight slap on my head.

“Ow! Aren’t you meant to be like massaging?” I teased and she just rolled her eyes.

I shifter my gaze to the object lying on the floor “you hit me with a bat?” I asked in amusement

“I became more conscious after our last discussion” she replied placing the bat beside the door.

I watched her carefully, thinking of how to start. I had rehearsed what to say in this moment everyday and here I was just looking at her beautiful eyes like some dumb idiot. She quirked her brows at me

“I’m sorry" I blurted out “What I do... its... let’s just say I’m not the proudest man when it comes to what I do. But I didn’t want to drag you into it too. It’s a very dangerous world I live in and you just don’t deserve it.” I said

She looked at me before sitting down beside me. I adjusted myself so I was now facing her

“You don’t have to be afraid to tell me Hunter. I... I love you and I’ll accept you no matter what. I’m just scared you know... I don’t want to keep worrying about you when ever you leave me... I dont want to think if it would be the last time I see you each time you walk out the door. I just want us to grow old together” she replied sincerely

I felt my heart leap at the sound of us growing old together. There was no other person I would rather be with. I reached out to her, lifting her up to my laps with very little effort and tightened my grip on her waist as if she could disappear any minute. I just sat there staring into her eyes.