Chapter 1

One month later

Vanessa Blake walked around the hotel room furiously. She had smoked a pack of cigarettes within a few hours of the morning.

After arriving at the airport the previous day, it turned out that part of her luggage had been lost. Even though they had already called her to say they had found it, she had not yet received it.

Vanessa's interview was scheduled to begin in an hour, so there was no more time for waiting. She shaped her long black hair in wild waves and applied flesh-colored lipstick on her juicy lips. She put prescription glasses on her eyes and left the hotel room dressed in the clothes she had arrived yesterday with.

Because the black jeans and the leather jacket were unsuitable for the interview, Vanessa stopped by the nearest store to improvise with her outfit.

"Hello. How can I help you, Miss?" The saleswoman welcomed Vanessa.

"Would you offer me something suitable for a job interview? A dress, maybe?"

"Of course. Please go to the fitting room. I'll give you some dresses. Is 'S' your size?"

"Yes, thank you."

The saleswoman handed Vanessa three dresses, and she began to try them one by one.

Wearing dresses was something Vanessa could never get used to. But in her work, she had to transform her look often. And it couldn't be denied how well each dress fitted her athletic body, regardless of the model.

Vanessa chose a light lilac dress with thick straps and a high neckline. The fabric clung tightly to her body, framing her curves. The length stopped just above her knee with a discreet side slit.

She picked black leather shoes with high heels, which finished her outfit perfectly.

Vanessa paid for her purchases and headed for her interview.

She arrived in front of a tall building whose facade was made entirely of glazed windows. A sizeable glowing sign that read 'Willker Enterprises Holdings Inc.' was placed at the top.

The holding engaged in the generation and distribution of electricity. In the last few years, it was focused on providing renewable energy solutions, and proudly in the company's portfolio were included lots of renewable power-generating facilities throughout the whole world.

The time was 10:45 a.m.

Vanessa walked into the lobby, which was full of people. A security booth was positioned on the left, and on the right was a large reception desk with two beautiful women standing behind it. Vanessa approached and nodded her head in greeting.

"Hello," one of the women said to her.

"Hello. I have an appointment for an interview at Willker Enterprises Holdings Inc."

"Twelfth floor."

"Thank you."

"You can use the elevator on the right."

Vanessa followed the given instructions. When she got out of the elevator on the twelfth floor, she found herself in an expansive lobby. On the left was a large conference room with glass doors. On the right, two doors were not marked. On the opposite side, there was no very long hallway with offices on both sides. At the end of this hallway, one could see something like a lobby again, and voices were heard from there.

Vanessa walked down the hall. There were many people sitting on the chairs in the lobby, presumably also waiting for the interview. There was an opened large glass door to the front, behind which was the secretary's area. At the bottom was seen a solid door that said 'CEO', and to the right, there was another door with a 'CEO Assistant' sign.