i like you too

quite short

I've always had a thing for Vinnie. We've been best friends ever since we were 5. I love him as a friend obviously and a bit more than that. But I don't think he does. He just doesn't see me the way i see him, well I think that. But that's okay, there's nothing i can do about it. He probably likes someone else.

I invite Vinnie over to spend some time together. I go downstairs to grab a water bottle from the fridge. I take a sip then put it back. I hear a light knock on the door. I walk over to it and open it to see Vinnie holding a bag of food. "You brought food!?" I say, pulling him into a hug. "Yep, mcdonald's" he replies lowly. I notice a small frown on his face. He seems quite off. He's not his usual happy self. I grab the bag of food from him and set it down on the island. The smell of fries and chicken hits my nose.
I open the bag and pick up a fry, throwing it into my mouth and chewing it. "Is everything okay Vinnie, you seem off." I ask him concerned. "I'm good, I'm just nervous and I have something to tell you" he replies. "Okay, and what is that?" I ask. He pauses. He looks around for a bit before opening his mouth to speak. "I like you y/n, like a lot." he tells me, looking into my eyes.

A grin grows on my face and lean in to kiss him softly. He caresses my cheek as we kiss, my mind up in spirals. I smile against the kiss before pulling away. "Wait, you like me too?", he asks and I nod. "I've liked you ever since we were kids Vin, I was just too scared to do anything about it. He grabs my hand and squeezes it gently. "I'm so glad you like me too, I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't" he says, resting his head in the palm of his hand. We sit in a comfortable silence looking into each other's eyes. "We should probably go on a date then shouldn't we?" he asks smirking. "I would love that Vinnie, I really would" I reply, leaning in to kiss him again.

a/n!
hope you like it :)

- harri