Chapter Twenty-Eight

REGULUS BLACK WOKE UP TO A STINGING PAIN ON HIS CHEST

REGULUS BLACK WOKE UP TO A STINGING PAIN ON HIS CHEST. He didn't even know what spell hit him. All the memories flooded into his brain. Questions brimming inside of his head.

"You're finally awake Reg." A voice said in a hopeful tone.

"Sirius?"

"You scared me for a second."

"What happened?"

"You went into a coma for a month." Sirius sighed. He was incredibly worried and visited his brother every single day. Helios did say that Regulus was fine and will wake up sooner or later since the poison is out of his body.

"The Rosier's? Father and mother?"

"Hiding. Probably together with their dark lord." Sirius scoffed.

Regulus sighed. He knows now that he's probably already blacklisted from the death eaters and as soon as he got out of here, he'll be hunted like a prey. He knew too much. It's not like he can come to the ministry, he did take part on some of those evil deeds. The mark on his arm still as dark as midnight.

"You're one of them huh."

"Are you going to tell the ministry?" Instead of a question, it's more of a challenge.

"No. I know you've been talking to Dumbledore."

"Great." Regulus sarcastically said.

"So, you know about the order."

"Yes."

"Will you be joining us?"

"Us?" He looked at Sirius, "Maybe. I have to survive right."

"Look. Reg." Regulus has a feeling of what Sirius is about to say.

"Don't."

"No. No. I have to. I'm sorry. Every bad thing that happened to you is my fault. I left you there, rotting with those monsters. I've said it before but I mean it. I was selfish." Sirius sincerely said, "You don't have to forgive me, but I do wish that you let me be a better brother now."

Regulus didn't know what to say. It's obvious that the boy still cares about Sirius, time and time again he helped Sirius with his mess. He was annoyed at himself, knowing that he'll forgive his big brother. He sighed, there's no point to their animosity, now that they're on the same side.

"I forgive you...if that's what you want." Sirius looked up and pull his brother to his embrace.

"Ouch. I'm a patient. Stop being so sappy." Regulus groaned.