Chapter 4

What? What did she mean? That was all that went through my mind as I registered what she said. She looked down with a sigh, “ You're godmother was trying to keep you from our world for so long,” she began, what was she talking about, she looked over to me, remorse swimming in her eyes, “ I've kept my word that I would never utter a word to you, but she can't keep you from you're destiny and I can't keep silent forever,” she said, as if she had finally made up her mind.

I looked at her confused, “What are you talking about?” I asked, she sighed, “It's long story,” she simply stated. I looked at her as I took another cookie, she looked down at her lap, “It started two thousand years ago, when two twins were born,” she began now I was confused, but I kept quite letting her continue, “Their birth had marked the period where the gods of the land were with us, and they were chosen by a goddess of great importance at the time,” she sipped her tea as she paused, “They were named by the goddess the male Lith and female Lilith, years gone by then, during those passing years they went from great priest and priestess to outcast and cursed banished from their land but they stood faithful and were blessed, and were laid to rest,” she sighed “This is where the story gets complicated Felix,” she said looking me in the eyes “ About two centuries ago, and archeologist and his family discovered the resting place of the twins, the were all slaughtered leaving their daughter, Bellinda Durham, as the sole survivor.”

What? That was just not possible, Aunt Linda, no! Maybe this Bellinda was an ancestor to my godmother, there was no way my Aunt could be over a two hundred years old, Celeste looked at me at sighed for what seemed the tenth time that night “ You see, Bellinda's survival chances were slim in fact she wouldn't have survived if not for the awakening of the twins at the discovery of of their blessed amulet, you see the twins were cursed with a taboo but the goddess took pity on them and blessed them with long life, they laid to rest in the trance of renewal and were awaken by the cries of Bellinda's family, Bellinda was caught in the crossfire of their explosive revival and this was on her death bed when the passed on their curse to her, it saved her life,” she stopped, taken a small nibble out of her cookie “ That's a great story and all but what does that have to do with my dreams?” I had to ask, none of what she had said was making any sense, “You see Bellinda roamed the earth with her saviours for years and was so lonely that's until, she met your mother.”

“My mother?” I asked confused, “ Does she knows anything about this?” “ No,” was Celeste reply, “ You see, Bellinda met your mother when she was but a girl and again in high school but they officially met during your mother's freshman year in college,” she looked out the window, it was raining now, “ Your mother and Bellinda became great friends and became clear that there was something special about your mother, Bellinda saw it two, and decided to talk about it with Lilith, so they decided to confide in me, and I told them that the goddess have found a new chosen and that person was to help stop a great darkness, Lilith was a little to put but accepted it,” Celeste seemed to have gone into the passed as her eyes glazed over “ Oh how I wished what happened had never did, Lilith lost the favour of her goddess because she obstructed a prophesy, she erased your mother's memory of our world, the goddess was so angry so she took her blessing from Lilith alone but gave those who shared the curse with an enemy, the hunters.”

“ Lilith is living on borrowed time she will die, we don't know when or how, that is where your destiny comes in, you are the new chosen, Felix, your destiny is destroy a great threat to our world and the gods of old and to take the throne of Lilith upon her passing.”  I was shocked, then I was angry, what she said made no sense was she pitying, telling me this she cheap story to cheer up or was she making fun of my dream, she must have thought I was crazy and playing a part in my delusions to appease the crazy teen, I chuckled bitterly, “ You really expect to believe that cheap fairy tale,” I spat, and by the way she flinched back I must have sounded harsh. “ Felix,” she began but this time I wouldn't let her finish, “No, you could at least tell me it was just a dream or that I was crazy and needed help, you didn't have to spin some wild tale about prophesies and goddesses and how Aunt Linda is two hundred years old and that lady Lilith is much older,” I spoke heatedly, “How on earth do you expect me to believe all that,” I was so angry and Celeste look of pity only fueled it “ You know what; I think I should leave,” I said and left, walking to the bustop in the rain away from Celeste's house.