Wonderland's Nightmares

It was a dark, spooky night.

The wind howled noisly through the dense trees, swaying them to the tune of an upcoming thunderstorm. The sky was pitch black. Not a star in the sky.

Slow, heavy, steps pounded the soft earth beneath the treading of the Five.

Suddenly...

"KAT!" Dawnie yelled, her sharp, angered voice ringing across the entire valley, disturbing the sleep of slumbering birds perched on the treetops. The wolves howled in response, ready to start a conversation with the air piercer.

"You dirty rat," Dawnie snarled.

"I'm as clean as the clouds above..." Jo's words trailed off as she looked up.

"No, not you. Kat stepped on my foot!"

"Oh I'm sorry It's just too dark here." 

"Plus its not my fault someone has two left feet..." Kat muttered under her breath but covered it up with a cough.

"I will help with that!" 

Jack widened his eyes and they glowed a brilliant green. "How about that?"

"Doesn't help much considering only you can see where you're going," Jo said, matter-of-factly.

Jack tried rolling his eyes, but they didn't move. He cursed mildly under his breath and squeezed his eyes shut. Opening them again, they were back to normal.

"We are lost guys, just admit it," Jessie whimpered. She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself. "And it's all Kat and Jack's fault."

"My fault?!" Jack and Kat said in unison, shocked of course.

Jessie rolled her eyes. "If you guys weren't fighting on whose directions were more accurate, we would've been somewhere better than here!"

Dawnie cracked a smile. "It's funny to think that Jo almost fell out."

Everyone but Jo burst in laughter, remembering her frightened face as she slowly slipped from the pegasus' back.

"It's all your fault for putting me at the back. Only his poor tail saved me."

"Yeah, sad. He barely has one now!" Jack said, choking on his laughter.

"And you forgot I am a cat and have wings." Kat added.

"Yeah same here except I'm a pixie..." Jack said.

Jack and Kat looked at eachother. "Flying buddies!" They both exclaimed.

Jo ignored them, meddling with the tufts of fur on her hand. 

"Now because of that we're stranded. But oh well, memories," Jessie said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"Indeed," Kat agreed, a grin tickling her face. "Huggles!"

The group gathered in, forcing Jo in. She was still mad at everybody. But the huggles probably cooled her down...probably...

Just then, the bush behind them shook. The Huggle was immeditaly terminated. 

"What the-

"ROAR!"

Kat smacked the back of Jack's head.

"Whoops sorry guys that was just my stomach..." Jack smiled sheepishly.

 "Ah well no need to fear Madam Hatter is here with the Tea party," Kat said while tipping her hat.

Jack's smile soon turned into a gape and then a smirk. "What the hell happened to your head?"