18. Caleb

"Luca, come on stay with me," I whispered as I carried him to the infirmary as Dimitri and Bennett finish Razor off for me. I could hear their growls as they attacked Razor making the latter whine and howl but I could careless about the fucking bastard.

>he'll be okay, Caleb< Rexx said in my head

I didn't say anything as I ran to the infirmary with Luca bleeding. I could hear his heart rate slowing down and that scared the hell out of me.

"Fight, baby, please" I whispered as I crashed in to the emergency wing of the infirmary where I was greeted by one of the doctors on call, Doctor Kelly and two nurses.

"Lay him down" she said and I nodded gently laying him down and as I went to follow as they rushed him to surgery, one of the nurses stopped me,

"You can't go any further, Alpha Caleb" she said, "I'll come collect you once he's been moved into recovery."

I nodded swallowing the knot that has formed in my throat and I waited in the waiting room. My eyes stinging with bushes tears as I leaned my head against the wall

"Fuck," I whimpered balling my fists, "FUCK!"

The doors to the infirmary burst open followed by loud commotion. I didn't have to look up to know that it was our family and friends running in.

"Caleb!" I heard my name being yelled before I was being pulled into a strong embrace and I instantly crumbled in my eldest brother's arms. I clung to him like a lifeline as I felt my heart shatter in my chest at the thought of losing Luca.

"Shh,it's going to be okay, Caleb, he'll be okay" Jeremiah whispered as he held me while I broke down. I felt the rest of my family close in as they huddled around me. I could feel Luca's family near by but they didn't come close as they were giving my family the space they needed to comfort me.

"Look at me, Caleb," soft and caring hands were suddenly replacing Jeremiah's strong grip and I looked into the  soft and gentle eyes of my mother who wiped the tears off my face, "You need to be strong for him, for your children who need to know they have a father who is going to be there for them while there mother is here," and fuck, I totally forgot about Princeton and Bella. How could I be so stupid?

"They're with Marc and Molly at the pack house with the rest of the kids," Dimitri said as if sensing my worry and I sallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. I took a deep breath and willed my tears to stop before standing up from the floor in order to face the others, "there is no reason for you to be tough right now, Caleb,"

"No, like my mother said, I need to be strong not just for Luca but for the kids even if they're not here. I know they'll want to know how Luca is so I need to be strong"

Bennett walked over and took me by surprise by pulling me into a gentle hug, "You are a strong person Caleb, and so is Luca and he'll be okay"

I nodded, closing my eyes and returning his hug before we parted again so our friends could give me comforting hugs.

After hugs and words of encouragement were exchanged, we all sat in the waiting room waiting for one of the nurses to come and tell us any news of Luca.

"Here comes one of the nurses" Kamala said and sure enough the same nurse the had stopped me from going by further into the ER was making her way towards us and we all stood up to greet her.

"Oh," she said with surprise as she saw everyone, "I didn't expect to see all of you here"

"Is he okay?"I asked and she nodded making the entire room sigh in relief, "thank the goddess."