Chapter 8: Boba

Word Count: 1270

Izuku's POV

Kaminari groans. "My brain hurts."

"Mine too." Mina buries her head in her arms. "Why is it so complicated."

"Most of this is actually useless information. It's supposed to be intimidating and cover up the real problem." Izuku read over the work sheet quickly. "I can use one of the workbook examples to show you I guess. Can I have a pencil?"

Kaminari hands Izuku his pencil.

"Thanks Kami-kun. Okay." Izuku starts circling and underlining a few words and numbers here and there. "Okay. So the circled portions are the problem. The underlined portion are the values of the problem. The rest is unimportant."

"How come some numbers are underlined and not others?" Kaminari asks.

"It doesn't say anything about that number in the problem, so it's unnecessary." Izuku points to a few more problems. "You can do these problems like I did here. The rest of the problems are more straightforward."

"Thanks Izuku!" Mina gasps. "Oh my gosh, what magic did you do? It's definitely easier now!"

"I mean, this is simple math." Izuku says shyly.

"Yeah, thanks Izu!" Kaminari grins then slowly starts filling out the worksheet.

Izuku walks back to Todoroki's desk. "Can I sit on your lap again Shouchan?"

Todoroki nods.

Izuku climbs back into Todoroki's lap and closes his eyes. The quiet chattering and the scratching of pencils was very calming. Momo and Bakugou had already finished and were idly sitting around.

"I'm done Izuku. Can you get off so I can turn it in?" Todoroki says quietly.

"Sorry Shouchan." Izuku says as he opens his eyes and slides to the floor.

Todoroki puts his worksheet on Ectoplasm's desk and sits back in his seat. Izuku climbs onto his lap again and curls up. Most of the chattering is gone at this point. The sound of scratching pencils fills the room. Izuku feels himself starting to drift off again.

Third Person POV

By the end of class, everyone has finished the worksheet.

"Should we...wake Izuku up?" Todoroki asked uncertainly.

"I don't know." Momo gently taps Izuku's cheek. "He seems to be in a deep sleep. Mina wants to go to the mall later for some stuff and invited the class. Just have to finish homework first. Izuku can sleep till then."

"I don't know how to carry a child Momo." Todoroki says and ruffles Izuku's hair. It was soft.

"I can carry him!" Kaminari pips up. "I've got a little brother at home." Kaminari carefully picks up the sleeping Izuku.

Todoroki stands and stretches. He picks up his bag and slings it over his shoulder. "I'll see you at the mall I guess." Todoroki walks out of the classroom.

"See you later Momo!" Kaminari cheekily smiles and sets Izuku down for a moment to grab his bag. Izuku chose this moment to wake up.

Izuku's POV

Izuku wakes up in a chair. "Kami-kun?"

"Oh! You're awake Izu. I thought you were in a deep sleep?" Kaminari waited for Izuku to blink a few times and wake up before taking his hand and going towards the dorms.

"Where are we going Kami-kun?" Izuku yawned.

"We're going to the dorms where everyone is staying." Kaminari picks up Izuku and ran to the dorms.