Foreword

No one can make you inferior without your consent    – Eleanor Roosevelt

I enjoy Paranormal books of all kinds and am particularly fond of shifter/werewolf stories. However, I have been disturbed by an increasing trend in this genre to portray women as victims who willingly allow themselves to be mistreated by someone who supposedly 'loves' them. They put up with not only the physical but mental abuse, and then justify it saying things like, 'but he/they loves me', 'he swore it wouldn't happen again'.

In no universe, paranormal or otherwise, is this acceptable. It never has and never will be okay to abuse a loved one – no matter what you read in 50 shades.

I wrote MASKED to give readers a different choice in story. One in which women are not portrayed as the victims and made to feel inferior, but as equals. And one in which a woman can be strong without losing any of their femininity. Women don't have to be ninja warriors, soldiers or even have the ability to kick butt! We only need one thing – and that is a voice...

I hope you enjoy my different kind of werewolf story.

❤ ℳ

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

READER QUOTES

But don't take my word for if, here's what some reader's had to say about MASKED:

daisy_up - I absolutely loved this story!! I have been waiting for something that is different and new, a story that is exactly like yours. Every wolf romance has always been the same and tiring. In fact, I quit reading werewolf stories for a while. I am so glad I gave your story a try because I just couldn't put it down.

lilyroxD - this is One of the best stories I have read here on Wattpad! and quite frankly I love the way you've kept us all entertained throughout the book.. with all the surprises you've thrown and with all the detailing it is definitely a page turner... I definitely wont be surprised if i find it in the bookstore one day! Thank you or writing this amazingly beautiful book!

Gismosin - One of the best stories I have read on Wattpad! what a beautiful story! You surely have a gift with words. But, I am glad I have read it now, not when you were writing it. I would have gone insane in between chapters, trying to figure out what would have happened next.

-waywardson - I've just spent the last 3 days reading this amazing book. You broke every cliche that surrounded the genre it takes a lot of creativity to be different. I loved Parker and Daniels love for each other. It was an amazing ride to read this incredible piece of literature and I'm so excited to see what is in store for your characters. This book is so underrated it deserves to be on the shelves immediately. I know if that happens I will be one of the first to read it. As a silent reader I don't typically comment on books but this truly blew me away. I loved every minute of reading this novel. I hope to be able to read what happens next for Parker and Daniel really soon.

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

Masked. Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved.

***

Please Note : This story is uploaded as a first unedited draft and will have some spelling and grammatical errors that slip through. I do intend to fix them as I find them. Please accept my apologies in advance if they detract from the story...

  ❤ ℳ