23 - beat 'em up, pete!

LE GASP

anOTHER UPDATE?

__Peter__

Oh, shit.

Yeah, this was bad.

Small, multi-armed robots were flying around the room, attacking the Avengers at multiple different points.

My hands claw at the new dress-shirt and rip it off, easily followed by my pants. I could only imagine how goofy that must've looked. Rip-off pants...might want to invest in a pair or two.

Loki turns to me, his eyebrows bunched up in confusion. "Peter, let me-"

"No, this isn't your fight." I reply between huffs for air. The adrenaline is starting to fill the space the sensory overload left empty inside of me.

With the rest of the Avengers caught up with fighting the stray robots, I leap into action fighting the ones that have yet to identify a target.

Leaping off the ground, I bounce off the wall and use the moment to try to take down one of the machines. My foot slams down hard on one of the bigger ones, sending metal flying across the wall. Electricity crackles in the air as the machinery shuts down.

Well, that was easy.

And the Avengers were having trouble taking these down?

Then again, most of the Avengers also can't kill someone with a single punch.

I mean, not trying to toot my own horn but—

My thoughts are cut off when a robot slams into my ribcage, sending me flying across the room.

"Spider-Man!" I hear Nat scream worriedly from somewhere in the room. I sling a web at the ceiling and use it to redirect my momentum to fly right back for the robot.

While I'm swinging, I take a quick assessment of the room. Almost all the Avengers have been detained by the robots, all but Loki and I, oddly enough.

(*winks at whoever asked for this last chapter*)

Loki doesn't even seem to be worried about fighting, as if this were no big deal for him.

I land on top of the robot that had rammed me. The machine flails wildly, but I hold on. The thing flies out the window, carrying me with it. Shards of glass slice up my arms and back as I duck, but that's the least of my concerns at the moment.

Now we're in the street—my terf.

Using my abilities, I stick my feet to the robot and attach webs to two buildings, about to slingshot us to the street below. I yank on the webs and we fly downwards. Thank god the street had been cleared of any people as soon as the explosion went off, otherwise I'm sure people would have been smushed.

I disconnect my feet just before the robot hits the ground and use my webs to circle right back into the tower. The hunk of metal explodes behind me, giving me even more of a boost upwards.

I give a holler of excitement as I leap right back into the battle.

Just as I start searching for my next point of attack, my spider-sense tingles. I swing out of the way and narrowly avoid one of Doc. Oc's gross mechanical arms as it snips at me. "Keep your hands to yourself, Hank!" I snort quietly at my own joke.

"Oh, come on, Peter! You know my name!" He sneers at me with a conniving laugh.

"You've seriously never seen Finding Dory?" I sling a web at one of his arms and attach it to the next, then the next, then the next. The Doctor continues to grab at me as I finish the process.