Confessions [Y/N]

Trippie's POV

Me and Y/N talked physics after class as I trailed behind them on their way towards their apartment on campus. I tried to tune out my thoughts by tuning into what they had to say about them struggling with the equations but I was too in my head about what was to come once we reached their place. Soon, we were finally there and I was nervous but I tried to hide it behind a confident smirk just like the rose I picked up on the way here that I was hiding behind my back.

"Thanks for walking me over and listening to me complain about class but you didn't have t—" Y/N said as they spun around, cut off by the rose I had out for them.

"What's this for?" They asked and looked confused, head tilted to the side in wonder as they reached out to grab it from me.

My heart was pounding but I couldn't fold, the flower was already in their hand and I didn't walk all this way to not at least say something. "It's for you." I nodded in approval for them to have the rose.

"Oh... but why?" They questioned, staring down at the flower in their hands as if they were in even more confusion than before.

I was expecting more of an "aww, really?" reaction so when they didn't start cooing over the rose, I immediately regretted grabbing it in the first place. I started to sweat and panic.

"I should just lie and leave, right now. Abort mission, heartbreak hotel, haul ass home?" I thought to myself but I quickly shook the thought away with another reminder to just be honest.

If they weren't feeling me for real, hell yeah, that shit would hurt. I've only known them for 3 weeks but I'm a lover boy and I was feeling them off rip. It only took me so long to get to this point of telling them because I really digged them and I wanted to get to know them better but if they didn't want me to, what was the point of conjuring up all of this courage and shit just to be let down? And I felt like they were maybe even feeling me too but they really could've just been being nice and a nigga just misread the room...

But whatever, it is what it is, I'm already here and the worst they can say is no so fuck it, here it goes.

"I, uh, I just thought you were cute... the rose, I grabbed on the way here because I thought you'd like it, sorry if it's overkill and you don't." I started, going off the dome and trying to get my point across.

"I saw you walking back to your apartment after class & I wanted to say something as soon as I came up to you but I folded. So, I brought up class to walk and talk about for a while to give myself time but it's hard to bridge a conversation about wavelengths and shit to one about me taking you out sometime, you know?" I rambled.

They laughed. I wanted to take it as a good sign, you know? Maybe they thought a nigga was funny. But my mind immediately went to being embarrassed, I felt like a clown.

"This shit corny as fuck, never mind." I chickened, starting to turn around to go back towards my dorm but they grabbed my hand.

"You walked me from the science building to my off campus apartment with a beautiful ass rose to confess your interest in me and you're gonna accept your predetermined response to it instead of letting me respond myself?" They asked, their eyebrow cocked in question of me.

I shrugged. "If you're gonna let me down, Y/N, do it easily. Don't crush my heart." I semi-joked as I turned back around towards them and they let go of my hand.

"Well, admittedly," They smiled, reaching up to touch and grab something from out of my locs, it was a leaf. It must've got on me from when I grabbed the rose, I guess.

"— I really thought the forward braids look was weird but I noticed you had a flare to you the first week of class. You were different than any classmate I've sat next before but I was intrigued, and you were nice to me so I guess you can kind of say .. I started to like you, too."

I couldn't believe my ears. "And? You finna say 'but'."

"Yeah, but I only saw you in class and like you said, it is hard to bridge 'wavelengths and shit' to me wanting to see if you wanted to meet up some time afterwards to hang. Even after class, I could never gather my shit together fast enough to catch up to you. I was surprised when I saw you today and when we started walking, I was hoping that we got lost talking about physics until we ended up here so I could invite you in and tell you I liked you, too, Trip'. But then, you gave me the rose and I figured it was easier to let you spit it out first since you obviously feel the same." They confessed, giggling awkwardly. It was cute.

I was cheesin' like a bitch but I had to play it cool.

"Lies, lies, lies. Didn't I just say not to play around, Y/N! My heart can't take the jokes, stop the cap." I playfully waved what she said off, laughing a lil' hysterically in disbelief.

They shrugged with a smirk on their face, "If you think it's cap, I guess it's cap then, huh?" They asked, turning to unlock the door to their apartment.

"Be for re—" I started but they cut me off.

"I am for real, do you wanna come in or not?" They cheesed back as the door unlocked and opened wide to welcome us in.

Before I could even say anything, they grabbed my hand and pulled my happy go lucky ass inside.

Moment later, backpacks were dropped, we got to kissing and touching and the rest ... is history.