Epilogue

6 years later 

I stared at the pregnancy test in my hands, the "Positive" staring back at me. Corrine standing over my shoulders trying to see the result as well. And when she did, the squealing and the screaming busted my ear drums. But, I couldn't contain my excitement either, as we hugged and jumped together. 

I couldn't wait to tell Axel, who was currently with our 3-year old son, River, doing what they did every afternoon--exploring the pack lands or playing some sort of sport that was too dangerous for a 3 year old to be playing, but I am told that it will be fine and I shouldn't worry too much.  I glanced at my phone, 5:47PM. They should be back soon, and I went to wait for them outside.

And, as if on cue, I see Axel and River returning back, in time for River to have his dinner and get to bed. I think Axel could feel me rather than see me because River was currently on Axel's shoulders blocking his eyesight with his tiny hands and steering him in the direction of the house with his head. 

I laughed as I saw that, and Axel mirrored my laugh with a smile of his own, smoothly lifting River off his shoulders and placing him on the ground. 
"Go to mommy," Axel said, as River's little legs started running towards me. I crouched down to meet his level, before he found himself between my crouched legs and rested against my thigh. 

"Look, mommy," he said as he grabbed a rock from his pocket and handed it to me. 

"What's this?" I asked, curious as to what I was supposed to do with what is now the 17th rock that my son has "gifted" me. 

"I found it. Look, it has blue and green. My favorite color and your favorite color," he shows me pointing to the discoloration in the rock. 

"I love it! Thank you, Vee," I said as I hugged him and peppered kisses all over his face, his giggles and tight hug back were my heaven.

"Alright kid, go inside and wash your hands, and sit at the table. It's time for dinner," Axel told him as he now approached us. 

Axel and I glanced at River's retreating figure into the house, and when he was safely out of sight, Axel placed a hand under my chin, tipped my head up and pecked my lips. 

"Hi," I said. 

"Hi, baby," he responded, before kissing me again with much more passion than the first time. 

"Do you like your new rock?" he laughed. 

"I think I like it more than the ones you got me, honestly," I joke as I extend my hand letting the diamonds of my engagement and wedding rings catch the light of the setting sun. 

Axel clutched his heart dramatically, "You wound me." 

I laughed, grabbing his hand from his chest, kissing it, and then placing it on my lower abdomen.

"Would telling you I'm pregnant make it up to you?" I smiled at him.

"What?" he asked, shock evident on his face. 

"I'm pregnant!" I exclaimed. 

He suddenly grabbed me and crushed my body into his, before twirling me around what felt like a thousand times. 

"We're having another baby," he affirmed, the happiness evident in his voice. 

"I don't know how far along yet, I'm going to see Dr. Parker, after I'm done with at the school tomorrow," I told him.

"Are you sure you should still go to work?" Axel's protective Alpha instincts rose to the surface.

"I like teaching, and spending time with the pack children. I feel more like a Luna when I do that, and it makes me happy," I said. After getting my chemistry degree, I decided to pursue my teaching certificate, and now I'm a science teacher at the Blood Venom Elementary school. I liked my job, and I didn't want to stop unless it put the baby at risk to continue going to work.