Chapter 2

"I am a castaway, I got deserted on this island, I'm a survivor of the missing S.S.Minnow," He explained to the mysterious man in a hat in shock.

"Are you really? We have got to get you off this island, the news of this will be groundbreaking!" Exclaimed the man.

"Hey, Mr. Man, how did you get on the island?" Gilligan questioned.

"Welp, when search planes were doing their rounds, travelling over the area, they spotted this unidentified island and put it in an auction, in which I bought this island.

"So you own the island?" He clarified.

"Soon, the paperwork is still being processed, but they did let me visit the island for a few days first to make sure the island is a suitable place for me to build the resort I was thinking of starting." He explained.

"You're turning this," he directed around them, "into a resort?"
"That is correct," Was his response.
"So you're rich, huh?" Gilligan questioned. He now knew a total of three rich people, Mr. and Mrs. Howel, and now this strange dude in a suit on a deserted island.

"You could say that. Now, are there any other survivors of the crash here?" He asked. "Or any other beings that need rescuing?"

"Uh, well, mhmnh," he mumbled the last part so it was incomprehensible. "If you can get me off, I should uh get my things." He said, avoiding a direct answer to his question.
"Yes, please do, the boat will be waiting near shore, if there's anyone else here, please inform them they'll be rescued." Said the man, obviously not knowing his answer to the question.

Gilligan quickly ran back into the cave to gather his belongings before heading back to the main campsite, out of view of the man. As it was dark out, he was unable to see much except in the small areas lit up by torches, set out near the edges of the camp.

Everyone was out, sitting in front of their huts, probably not trusting one another to not steal the others rafts in the middle of the night.

"Son, where have you been?" Mr Howel asked sternly.

"Probably destroying our rafts!" Exclaimed Ginger.

"No, I..." he was interrupted.

"Owh, why would you do that Gilligan? After all we have been through together?" Cried Mary-ann.

"But I didn't-"

"Do you think you have a better way to get off the island?" Questioned the professor, rather irritably.
"Well yes but-" This time, he was interrupted by them all yelling and shouting at him.

"I HAVE A BOAT!" He yelled, hoping they could hear him over the complaints.

"What? Gilligan, you don't have a boat. We have been stuck on this island for two years, with no boat!" Exclaimed Ginger.

"But that guy has a boat!" I exclaimed, trying to get them to understand.

"That's not funny Gilligan," The Skipper said with an annoyed expression.

"I'M NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY!" He yelled, "you guys, and ladies, can stay here then, while I get rescued." he said sadly, walking away.

He went straight back to the mysterious man, deciding that he was ready to go. Before he could get onto the boat, he noticed a familiar chimpanzee near a tree. "Bye, bye Gladys, you were a good friend." He said sadly. Gladys walked towards him. "I'm gonna miss you too Gladys," Gladys wasted no time grabbing the hat off of his head, and putting it on her own.

"Gladys, give me my hat back!" He exclaimed. Before he could grab the hat, the monkey started to run away and got lost in the trees. "Fine, I didn't need that hat anyway." He mumbled.

"You and that gorilla have quite the relationship." The man inquired.

"First off, she's a chimpanzee, secondly, her name is Gladys." Gilligan corrected.

"Very unique," He pondered. "We should go if we want to reach land before morning."

Gilligan took the invite to hop into the semi large boat, and sailed away. Upon turning on the boat, the sea was lit up by the bright boat lights.

He hadn't realised it, but he must have fallen asleep because next thing he knew, the sun was rising and they were docked. Waiting on the dock were families, including his own, waiting for his arrival.

There was loud music playing, cheering and people holding up banners. He immediately went up to his own family and gave his parents a huge hug.

"Welcome home Gilligan!" His mom cooed.

"Next time you get shipwrecked, make sure you're not wearing my shirt." His sister said, rolling her eyes.

"I can't promise you anything!" He joked back, being happy to have his family once again.

After the celebration on the docks, they went back to his parents house where they caught up.

They were in the middle of having a celebration dinner when the phone rang, for what seemed like the millionth time that night.

Gilligan's mom was the one who went to answer the phone, only to come back, phone in hand, handing it to Gilligan, saying it was for him.

"Hello?" He spoke into the phone.
"Good evening sir, I'm Darcy Howell, my brother is Thurston Howell the third. I was just calling to ask what exactly happened on that boat. I heard that you were the only survivor, is that true?" The lady asked with a shaky voice.

"Uh, yeah. That is true." He said quietly. "The others must have drowned in the horrible weather, I was lucky enough to have been washed up on land." he explained.

---

"Skipper, everyone, listen to this?!" The professor yelled.

"What is it?" Asked Mary-Ann.
"I thought we weren't talking?" Questioned Mr Howell.
"This is more important, just listen!" The professor snapped, looking as if he didn't get any sleep last night.

"-ryone is frantic, last night we received news of the one Gilligan, first mate from the S.S.Minnow, which got lost in a storm, was rescued off an island where he has been stranded on for the past two years." The voice on the radio said.

"Oh God! This is amazing news! Now Gilligan can send a ship to save us and we'll be rescued!" Squealed Ginger.
"I can't wait to see the farm again!" Mary-Ann jumped with joy.
"Think of all the money we'll get!" Said Mr Howell.

"Hey, hey, hold on, keep listening." The Professor instructed.

"Gilligan has been stranded on an uncharted island for two years, all alone with no contact to the outside world. He has faced many challenges such as finding food, fighting off wild animals, loneliness and headhunters."

"All alone, ALL ALONE!?" Yelled an angry Skipper.
"Oh.. Gilligan wouldn't do that to us, it must be a mistake," Mary-Ann said, sitting down.
"Well, we did yell at him." Reasoned Mrs Howell.
"My little buddy wouldn't do that to me!" Cried Skipper.

Last night Gilligan tried to tell us there was a boat but we ignored him, he tried to get us to go with him." The Professor pondered.

"What are we gonna do?" Asked Ginger.
"Hope that Gilligan tells them the truth. Although, after finding this island, people are sure to come back here to study it." The professor explained.

---

He felt really bad about lying to his family, especially Mr. Howell's sister. Mr and Mrs Howell had become like second parents to Gilligan over the past few years. They were all his family. Ginger and Mary-ann were like aunts or older sisters to him, the Professor was like an uncle, Mr and Mrs Howell were his parents and the Skipper, well the Skipper was a father, brother and best friend.

It is hard for Gilligan to think that he may never see them again.