Chapter 2

Chandler and Calum are the last to arrive at my house, as always. They go their separate ways so he can go rehearse with his band while I tell my two best friends about today's earlier events. "Oh my God. Did his eyes linger on you? I'm in denial. This is the HOTTEST senior in our school talking to one of us," Lola says. "Yeah, Aspen, are you sure he wasn't looking at someone else? I'm sorry that sounded bad. I meant that we aren't the type of girls to get looked at by the HOTTEST guys in school, you know?" Chandler had a point. The only boys to talk to us were the band boys and a select few who didn't think we were weird. "No, I'm positive he was looking right at me..." I still knew what happened, even if she had a point.

Soon after the boys finished rehearsal, we got into my mom's mini van, Luke being the driver. I loved going to his games because I felt so proud seeing my big brother up there with everyone cheering him on. We all got out of the van and wished Luke good luck. As we got inside, I felt someone looking at me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw the same piercing green eyes looking at me, a smirk painted on his face. My breath hitched and I quickly whirled back around. I heard a chuckle from behind me. "Pretty cute, sophomore, pretty cute," he muttered as he walked through the doors to go put on his gear.

HARRY'S POV

"Everyone's really going crazy out there for you, Luke," I said, slapping my teammate on the back. "Well you sure seem to have quite the little fan club yourself, Styles." Luke nodded over to where Emily and her clique were standing. Even though Emily had her boyfriend, Tyler, she always winked at me and tried flirting. Everyone noticed, except for Tyler. I felt bad for the boy. He had gotten sucked into her antics last year when he was a sophomore and she was a freshman. She would constantly hit on me while he was right there, now not being an exception. I rolled my eyes and laced up my skates. "Come on man, let's go kick their asses," I said to Luke, trying to forget about Emily and her stares. Tonight was about me impressing sophomore, the girl who crashed into me earlier at school. God, she was lovely. She sat with Luke's bandmates and their girlfriends, so I figured I'd ask about her after the game.

ASPEN'S POV

My brother and Harry were talking about something. I wished it was about me but I knew it probably wasn't. I sighed, turning back to the game, leaving my eyes on Liam Payne as he rammed one of the players from the other team. "Ooooooh," cried the crowd as they winced for the poor kid being smashed under the incredibly built senior. He and Harry were really good friends along with Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, and Louis Tomlinson. They were all on the hockey team together but have also been known to have lovely singing voices. Soon, the game was over, our team winning 9-1. We left and went to our usual celebrating spot, a nice little hamburger shop right around the corner from the ice ring. We ordered and then went to our table and started to talk.

"But did you guys SEE Liam ram that kid into the wall? That's gonna hurt in the morning," Luke joked. We all laughed and I turned my head towards the door just in time to see Louis and his girlfriend, Gabi, walk into the restaurant. "Hey Lou, Gabs! Come sit with us!" Chandler called over. "We still have Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Harry coming." I looked over at Chandler who immediately knew. She whispered in Calum's ear who, although obviously puzzled, stood up and traded spots with me, so I was on the end of the booth with Chandler in between us. The rest of the boys shuffle in, Harry being last in. He looked up and our eyes locked, a smirk forming on his face. He made his way over to the booth. My heart started to flutter and the butterflies in ny stomach started to dance. "So sophomore... We meet again."