Chapter 15

I didn't even feel sleep overcome me until I was being shaken awake. Much to my surprise it was Jennette. I immediately jumped up from my position.

"What are you doing in here!" My voice croaked and I wrapped my numb fingers around my throat in shock. Jennette gently put her hands on my shoulders and lay me back down.

"Forgive me for intruding, Cassie. I was sent here to bring you down to dinner, unless you'd rather eat up here, I'm sure Alpha Jason wouldn't have a problem with me bringing up your food." I wanted to hug Jennette. I had this awful feeling that once Jason left he was going to hurt her. Did he even permit her to come see me?

Don't be moronic, he wouldn't touch another female like that, my wolf scoffed.

"I told him I wasn't hungry," my voice was softer this time, but I still desperately just wanted to fall back into my lucid dreams. Perhaps I could dream of home, my real home. Right now I was missing my mothers embrace far too much.

"Exactly, you told him you weren't hungry. I could leave you up here by yourself to eat and be alone with your thoughts or I could bring my food up and eat with you as well. Either way, you're eating." Jennette's frail arms crossed over her petite chest and I kept my eyes scaled to her chin. She was so gentle and kind. Why wasn't she harsh? Why wasn't she a closed off warrior like the rest of this God forsaken pack?

"Alright, as long as we eat up here. I don't really want to see Jason right now." I was laying on my elbows now, watching Jenn smile with approval. A thought dawned on me. "Will you get in trouble?" She stared at me blankly, "For seeing me?"

She teetered on the edge of the bed and reassuringly put her hand over mine. "Of course not, Jason's the one who came to me in the first place about tending to you tonight. " It's like she could read me perfectly. Did she understand what was bothering me, exactly.

The door was left open ajar and she was gone when I looked back to her spot on the bed. A cold sweat formed on the back of my neck. It's about damn time I felt nauseated by what Jason had done- the state he had left me in.

You crave him, idiot girl, my wolf howled deep within my conscious and I grabbed at my head as a booming migraine vibrated throughout my skull. I heaved myself forwards and curled my body up as the pain dulled. It was vague now, but it was still strong enough to let me know it lurked.

"He hurt me, you don't hurt the one's you claim to love," I seethed as my wolf began stirring. I haven't let her out in so long, she was fighting me.

He does love you, you just continue to hurt him. He wants you to be his equal but you lie to him. How can he respect you when you embarrass him by defending a pup before you defend your Alpha. You think he's hurting you, your mind is convinced once thing and your heart is convinced another. Apologize to him, show him he is yours and only yours!

My wolf echoed throughout my pain stricken brain, I didn't want to listen to her anymore. I wanted to be left alone with my thoughts but all that my thoughts consisted of were her and him.

The door creaked open suddenly and I felt a warm body by my side. How did I get on the floor? I was faintly aware of the numbness climbing up my spinal column now.

"Jesus- " I was relieved that it was Jennette by side and not a guard or Jason, "Cassie, you're burning up." My body felt so cold, I was scared to move because I felt like frigid ice that would crack at the slightest touch. Jennette's palm was sizzling against my forehead. I'd broken out into a clammy sweat as I lost feeling of my muscles.