41

They were eating breakfast early in the morning. George and Fred were already at the table eating. Irena was coming out of Alek's room, finishing feeding him. Walking to the kitchen table, Irena cleaned Aleks face; he had milk on his cheek. Irena tiredly smiled at Alek as she sat on the chair. Irena and Fred had bags under their eyes; they both yawned tiredly. 

Alek would wake up every three hours. George yawned because Alek would wake up crying. It woke George too. He tried to go back to sleep, but at times it was hard to. "Sorry for waking you up, George," said Irena looking at George, who was falling asleep while eating. "What, oh dont worry, Im fine," he said, yawning and stretching his arms above his head.

They continued to eat their breakfast.

George had already left to work on the shop. Fred was going to stay with Irena for two more weeks. By that time, Alek would already be a month old. Fred insisted that for the first week back at work, he would only work half a day and help Irena with Alek. Taking care of Alek was a lot of work, and he didn't want to leave Irena on her own.

While Irena was recovering the first week back at the flat, Fred would wake up and change Alek's diaper everything he needed to. Then he would carry Alek to their room when he was hungry.

Once again, Irena was grateful to have Fred by her side. He was always taking care of Alek and her.

"You know I can get up and get him myself right," Irena told Fred, who was walking in their room with Alek in his arms. "I know." He placed Alek in Irena's arms, who was sitting on their bed. She positioned Alek on her chest. He already knew what to do, Alek started to eat. "And it would help me to walk around for a bit. It's not that far." She looked at him. He was now on the bed sitting next to her, looking at Alek.

Fred chuckled "he is an angel only when he is eating." Irena smiled and playfully slapped Fred on his shoulder. "Be nice to our son; he is always an angel," she said, looking at Alek, who had his little hand on his face.

There were times he wouldnt cry; he would just be awake at 4 am moving his little hands and feet around. Irena wouldn't feel safe just leaving him alone, so she would stay in Alek's room sitting on the chair watching him. She closed her eyes, her head slowly falling, and she got her head up quickly. She saw how Alek was falling asleep. She could soon go to her room and sleep. "Rena, are you here," Fred said, coming into the room. Hearing Freds voice, Alek woke up, moving his head to where his father's voice was coming from. "Fred! He was going to sleep," Irena yelled quietly. "Sorry I didnt see you in our room. I thought you fell asleep in the toilet again." "Ugh, not this time. I was  just checking on Alek." She got her hands to her face and rubbed her eyes. Fred looked at Aleks crib, and he was asleep again. He got Irena's hand. "Come on. He fell asleep. Lets go before he wakes up." Irena got up from the chair, and they slowly made their way out of the room.