Chapter 1: Finn's Dilemma

Finn's POV

Transferring into Lancaster High School just last year was one of the hardest, at the same time, newest experience for me. I was like a lost puppy with nowhere to go, everything was so new and different compared to what I was used to. 

The reason for my sudden change of school, well, I had no choice but to move locations with my family because my parents managed to snag a job and a house offer in the states. All my life, I've lived in a pretty average environment. More commonly, I had to hold back myself with what things I want and what I want to do because we needed to save up. Yeah, I had rich grandparents but they chose not to give us too much. They didn't want my parents to only depend on their money to raise me so in a way, they're sort of helping us and I admire them. But now, my parents have found their footing and we were finally able to move into our own place just before I went to high school.

Ever since we moved, everything changed. The snobby neighbors I was used to were replaced with friendly smiles and greetings every time I took a walk. The crappy apartment that myself, my dad and my mom were staying in was replaced with a very spacious house, the bathroom was even bigger than my previous room. And what changed the most was school. It was easier to get A's in Lancaster than back when I was in my last school, and although my previous school had so much crappy students, it was easier to make friends with people... unlike in my new school. It took me TWO whole months to have a full, proper conversation with a fellow student, and it was about a rumor of a guy drinking out of a trash can. 

Oh, that's another thing. 

Why was there so much drama compared to my previous school? God, don't even get me started with how people are so fazed by the whole popular thing like what I see in movies. I just have so much questions. How is somebody wearing the same thing as someone else such a "daring" move? Why did the relationship of somebody mattered to everyone? Why were rumors so fed and so easily believed in this school? And the most frustrating one yet. Why does reputation matter?

Well, anyway, enough about babbling the stupidest nonsense. One of the highlights of moving into my new school was meeting Heather. Heather is probably the nicest human being I have ever met, and I've met my parents so that's really saying something. Heather has been a life changer ever since I got here, she's helped me more than anyone in my life. 

I still remember our conversation like it was just last month. The way we met... was not the most ideal but I guess it was one of the prime examples of the saying 'everything happens for a reason'. 

Heather was being bullied in an empty hallway by some jock that was already known for degrading other people for literally the most absurd reasons. 

"If you don't give me your homework. I'll make you wish you were never born." The jock said as he cornered a terrified Heather.

"I already told you a hundred times, Chad, I lost mine just today. How hard is it for you to understand that?!" Heather clapped back as her shaking hands hugged her textbooks closer to her chest.

"Hey, shithead. If you don't leave her alone, I'll spread a rumor you have STD, which is probably not far from the truth." I threatened which automatically made Chad back down, his eyes going wide as he stumbles back from Heather.

"Oh really? You don't scare me, dumbass!" Chad weakly insulted as if he really did something besides making a fool out of himself.

"Wasn't trying to. The only thing scary here is how you're proving that America's next generation will be a failure, run along now before I actually do what I said earlier."