≋4≋

❝𝑰𝒇 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅
𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑰'𝒎 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈❞ - Annie

|

|

It appears that, I've stopped breathing in that exact moment. I was shocked with unexplainable fear. At some point I could feel my body moving uncharacteristically fast and then again, I could feel myself being paralyzed into place.

It was as if my mind went blank when I felt myself go over the railing. What a sad way to die.

To die saving someone else.

Would I be remembered as a hero?

Or would my good act be in vain.

All because I've gotten attached.

Well, that was bound to happen at some point. In fact, I knew it was going to happen the moment I laid eyes on him. He had my attention, and his cryptic ways kept my interest.
Mom always said that I've had a hero complex.

"— get the fuck out of your head Montreal before you drop him!"

That was CJ.

But how-

I snapped back into reality to see that I was halfway leaning over the railing with Joshua wrist in my death grip. I glanced back to see that CJ was holding me up by my belt loops.
Not the most flattering but hey, I'm alive because of it.

I owe him one.

I scrambled to pull the lightweight boy up and regain my footing. "No! You won't take him away from me! You can't have my Joshua!" She aimed something at us, but this time it was a pistol.

"I'll take us all to the grave!"

But before she could pull the trigger she was tackled to the ground by a police officer and the gun slid across the balcony cement.
Belatedly I notice that there was a crowd that had formed underneath us some were at a standby waiting to catch us if we ended up falling.

I could hear more sirens in the distance.

"Paramedics should be here in a few. Let's get him inside." All I could do was nod, being that I was still in shock.

By the time the paramedics arrived I was coming down from the adrenaline. I was staring into nothing my mind completely blank at the moment. It took a few minutes before I realized that CJ was in front of me and speaking. "— need to let the paramedics take him now, Monte. He'll be safe."

I didn't realize that I had an protective iron grip around an unconscious Joshua. I reluctantly let go.

Rapunzel.
Hey Rapunzel!

It seems that we've been discovered by Mother Gothel.

It wasn't death that she's met but she will soon enough.

For I will not be cutting your hair with this shard, but I can avenge you with it instead.

-

-

Comfort.

Beeping noises.

Attachments.