[1.3] PILOT: act three

- BEACON HILLS PRESERVE -

Scott, Stiles and Alycia have just crossed the creek in the nature preserve as they attempt to find both, the top half of the body, the siblings found the night before, as well as the inhaler Scott dropped in the process. The three of them are talking about the day's practice as their feet get wet in the water.

"I-I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I-I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." Scott talks about his new gifts.

"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asks with curiosity in his voice

"Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket."

Stiles makes a face as though he thinks Scott is crazy.

"I don't even have any mint mojito—"
Stiles checks the inner breast pocket of his blazer and finds, much to his surprise, that there is a single piece of folded-up mint mojito gum, just as Scott sensed. Scott raises both of his arms to the side as if to say, 'I told you so.' Stiles considers this for a moment before he continues. "So all this started with the bite?"

Stiles seems to find this intriguing, while Scott, ever the nurse's son, is concerned that something is wrong with him

"What if it's like an infection? Like, my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" He asks with worry.

Stiles gets a small smirk on his face before trying to make himself look as serious as possible, which the McCall siblings, who are walking in front of him, don't catch.

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this— it's a specific kind of infection." Stiles continues

"Are you serious?" Scott asks

"Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy."

Alycia rolls her eyes, annoyed at the fact that Stiles is making fun of her brother, meanwhile Scott, still not realizing that Stiles is messing with him, starts to panic.

"What's that? Is that bad?" He asks

"Oh, yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month."

"Once a month?" The older sibling repeats

"Oh my god." Alycia mutters frustrated.

"Mm-hmm. On the night of the full moon. Ahoooo!" Stiles fake-howls like a wolf, ignoring the female McCall. Scott, annoyed, shoves him away, causing Stiles to giggle in amusement.
"Hey, you're the one who heard a wolf howling!"

"Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me!" Scott exclaims

"Add that to your list of problems." Ignoring her brothers gaze, the female continues walking.

"I would fire something back at you, but you're friends with Lydia, i need you." Stiles states, not ones glancing towards the brunette. "And I know what's happening with you! You're a Werewolf! Rawrrr!"

"Okay, one, that's just rude, using me to get to your crush, and two, I really think you should consider visiting Eichen House." The tiny girl says walking forward, not bothering to see his reaction.

Scott, ignoring the two of them, is clearly not impressed by this joke, and Stiles' demeanor becomes serious.

"Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But, if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's 'cause Friday's a full moon." The boy with the buzz cut continues

Scott stops walking and looks around, frowning when he doesn't see anything remarkable where they're standing.

"No, I-I could have sworn this was it. I saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler... I-I'm right, am i?" Scott asks his sister.