Chapter Twenty Five

Nicolas stumbled back with wide eyes, still in shock but he wrapped his arms around Kai's lower back to make sure he doesn't fall.

"I love you."

Did he hear that right?

"Kai what-what are you doing here?" He finally asked but the boy only tightened his arms around his neck and buried his face deeper into it.

Nicolas started to feel the crook of his neck getting wet and his eyes softened as he rubbed Kai's back. He closed the door and walked to the bed to make Kai sit on it but he only held onto Nicolas tighter, refusing to let go.

Nicolas smiled despite his utter confusion and shifted so he could sit with Kai still holding onto him, he rested his back against the headboard and Kai was straddling him with his face still hidden.

"Baby, what are you doing here? How did you come here?" Nicolas asked softly urging Kai to face him.

Kai finally moved a bit back and held Nicolas face in his hands, his eyes slightly wet but surprisingly he wasn't full on crying. 

"I love you." Kai repeated and Nicolas's smile widened and he covered Kai's hands that were gently holding his face with his own. Kai loved him. He loved him and he was here sitting in his lap.

"I love you more baby." He said leaning forward to kiss his lips softly.

"And I'm so so so sorry." Nicolas said and Kai frowned. "Why?"

"Because I left you like that. What must you have been thinking? I probably made you worry so much and ruined your Christmas." He said and then hugged Kai again so he could hide his face.

"But I promise you Kai I tried everything to find a way to talk to you but my mom took away my phone, laptop and everything else that could possibly be a way to contact you." He said into Kai's neck and then Kai felt something wet on his neck and his eyes widened.

He pulled away from Nicolas and his heart dropped at the sight of tears in his green eyes. "Nicolas no, no don't cry. Please don't cry." He begged wiping his tears away.

In their relationship it was always Kai who cried, he had almost never seen Nicolas cry and now seeing tears in his eyes completely broke Kai's heart.

"Please don't cry." He whispered again and kissed Nicolas's eyes.

"I just..I can't believe she did all that and I missed you so much and I was so scared that I would never see you again and that she would keep me away. And that you would hate me for leaving like that so out of the blue." He confessed.

"Nicolas I could never ever hate you. I'm so sorry that your mother did all of this but you're coming back with us right? You want to go back?" Kai asked to make sure and Nicolas nodded his head.

"Of course I want to go back but how?" He said and then furrowed his brows. "We? You still didn't tell me how you got here."

"Me and Rex came here thanks to his dad who booked us the flights." Kai answered.

"You came here with Rex? Alone? Your dad let you go?" Nicolas asked, quite shocked.

Kai explained everything that happened in the last two days and Nicolas listened intently, sometimes he'd stop Kai to say sorry and kiss him like when Kai told him how he came out to
his mother and how he found out that Nicolas was gone.

"I'm sorry." Kai said at the end of it all and Nicolas tilted his head in confusion.

"Why?"

"For that night." Kai said averting his eyes. "You planned such a nice gift and told me that you loved me and I ruined it. I wanted to tell you so badly but..." he stopped talking, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment realizing how stupid he was.