Prologue

Emery

"How was your flight?" My assistant, Frank asked as he turned slightly from the passenger seat to look at me.

His black eyes hidden behind the round glasses he was wearing. I could tell from his face that he was genuinely curious and wanted to know how I was feeling. Most likely to predict how my mood is or my upcoming moods.

"Tiring." I admitted. "I almost thought that the flight would be delayed for at least an hour or so.. but glad we made it on time."

"I know." Frank said as he fixed his black round glasses. He scanned through the iPad he was staring at and said, "I almost thought I had to cancel your meeting for this afternoon."

"Glad we avoided that situation." I said.

"Yes." he said with a quick smile on his face.

"I believe the shipment is arriving tomorrow."

"If everything goes smoothly." He said.

"Keep me posted about the delivery." I said as I took out my iPad to scroll through the news.

"I will." He said.

As I scroll through the recent news and updates about the society. I so happened to come across a news about someone purchased the art gallery that I have been eyeing for a while.

"What is going on?" I snapped as my eyes immediately looked at Frank for explanation.

It seem like he was waiting for this moment from the very beginning as I see him winced slightly from my tone.

"What happened?" He feigned innocent.

I glared at him and give him a 'It better be a good explanation.' look.

An hour later I sat in the middle of the room with twelve other people. All exchanging dirty looks while blaming each other about the possibility of losing the deal for the art gallery.

"I didn't call you all to play blame games here. I just want to know where it went wrong? Who the gallery was sold to? Why was I not notified about the sale?" I stood up and glare at them.

"We did notified Mr. O'Connell." One of them said and looked at Frank

Frank who was sitting beside me give me a horrific look.

"I was notified this morning before I came to pick you up from the airport."

"I told you all to keep an eyes out for this sale."

"The art gallery is sold to a family friend." Wincy said. Her blue eyes looking worriedly at me.

"Do we know the family friend?" I asked sitting down.

"Personally no. He's a renowned entrepreneur known for his investments and profits."

"Can we somehow make a deal with him to purchase the gallery?" I asked.

"The art gallery was sold for $150 million and if we purchase from the Oaks.. it will cost us fortunes and then we have to renovate. I don't think it's worth it for that small gallery." Xander from the finance department said sounding concern. "We can purchase some other place."

I cocked my head to the side and looked at him. "I'm willing to invest $300 million for that place."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Wincy shake her head.

"We will contact the Oaks." Frank said.

"Thank you." I said as I stood up from my chair. "Keep me posted about the situation."

"I will." Frank said.

Author's Note: Welcome back! I know it's been a long time since I have posted anything. I hope you will enjoy this story. Please add this book to your library/reading to get notifications for updates. Thank you for all the kind messages. I really appreciated it ❤️