Recipe Eight [Ghanaian Spring Roll. 1]

Spring roll:

Ingredients  :

Filling:

Shredded cabbage

Peeled and well diced carrot

Well diced onion

Oil

100g of Vermicelli noddles

Crushed garlic

Soy sauce

White  pepper

Steps :

(1) Put your vermicelli noodles in a  bowl and  water then it boil for about 5 minutes.

(2)  Drain the water and use your scissors to cut your soft noodles to at least a length of 3 cm.

(3) Place your pan on heat with  oil and add your well-diced garlic, onions, carrots and the shredded cabbage.

(4) After about 2 minutes, the mixture  will be soft. Add your cut noodles, soy  and pepper.

(5) Set a side your mixture to cool.

The paste :

Ingredients :

Soft flour  - ½lb

Salt  - Pinch/ 3g

Margarine/ oil

Procedure :

(1) Pour  ½lb flour into a mixing bowl and add 3g of  salt to taste.

(2) Add a little margarine  and mix well.

(3) Now add cold water to make a soft dough

(4) Allow dough to rest.

The spring roll coat :

We have three ways of making it.  Using the crepe maker or the local way we do it, the frying pan method or the dough method.

I'll list all three ways to make it so you choose the one that suits you.

Crepe maker method :

Incase you don't know how a crepe maker  looks like, here's a picture of it.

Procedure:

Procedure:

(1) After the paste is ready, you preheat the crepe maker.

(2) Now dip the surface of the crepe maker into the paste and let it form.

(3) Then remove the coat carefully so it won't tear and place into a bowl.
(Repeat it till the paste is finished)

The frying pan method :

Procedure :

(1)Pour oil in a small bowl and get your frying pan, laddle, paste and tissue.

(2) This time instead of using tye shallow side of the pan, we will use the back of it. (So turn it face down)

Like this:

(3) Now make sure the fire is  on

(3) Now make sure the fire is  on. When the surface is hot, dip the tissue in the oil and rub it on the  hot surface. (Make sure that the surface of the pan is clean or else it will stick)

(4) Scoop some of the paste with the laddle and pour it on the pan's surface. It should be round.

(5) Wait for the coat to form  and then remove it. Repeat this process.

Dough method :

(1) Pour 8oz of flour into a bowl and 3g of salt in it.

(2) Pour a little water in the flour amd stir well till you get a dough.

(3) Sprinkle a little flour on your board and roll dough into a log.

(4) Cut into into 8 - 10 pieces.

(5) Roll all pieces flat. Should be very flat but not too light.

(6) After that, heat the back of the frying pan and place the flat dough on it. Make sure that it becomes brown before removing it.

*******to be continued **********

Hope you enjoyed this part. Part 2 will be coming soon. Stay tuned!

Stay safe.

Love,
The author💞