Fifhteen | Hone Alone

Chapter 15 : Home Alone

I wake up to the sound of movement and shuffling around me. Before opening my eyes, I stir a little but immediately stop and hiss in pain. My head is killing me, it feels like I've been hit multiple times. As I slowly snap my eyes open, I began breathing heavily.

I sit up quickly, looking at my surroundings trying to figure where I am. Sitting up was a bad idea. Now I'm dizzy.

"Bad idea," Did I say that out loud or? Quickly I look across the room only to find Damon. He sat slouched down a little in one of the brown couches near the window. He had one arm on the armrest and the other rubbing his jaw.

Damn, that looks hot.

He stared at my ever so little movements and a blush crept up my cheeks as I broke our eye contact to look around the small room.

First aid kits, bandaids, bandages and other equipment only a nurse or hospital uses. I then began to realize that I'm in the nurses' office.

I lightly touch my head and flinch at the pain. Suddenly, flashbacks of my encounter with that guy start coming back to me.

"Who was that guy?" Damon was the first to break the silence. I meet his gaze already finding his eyes directly on me. He continued to rub his jaw, waiting for me to say something.

Well, I can't focus when your sitting and looking like that!

"Gee, No hey, how are you? Do you need some water?" I rolled my eyes and sigh in relief once I can finally sit up straighter. Damon stared at me for a few seconds before getting up and handing me a cup of water and Tylenol.

"For your headache," He simply said, reading my mind. How did he know I have a headache?

"Trust me. I've seen a lot of hangovers in my days so I know what a headache looks like," He shrugged and backed away some, giving me space.

He really has no idea how he makes my heart feel just by being in the same room as me.

"Your day is today," I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Right," He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. Is he nervous?!

Damon immediately puts her guard back up and clears his throat again, "Now answer my question. Who was that guy you ran into before you blacked out?" He raises an eyebrow, folding his arms over his chest.

And he's back.

"I don't know. Some kid," I shrugged and shifted nervously.

"Don't lie to me. You looked terrified when you saw his face," He glares, becoming impatient. He stared at me intensely, trying to get me to talk.

He's making this really hard for me.

"It was no one Damon, Gosh. Why do you care all of a sudden?!" I slammed my hands on my thighs angrily. He's pissing me off right now and I am not in the mood for his bipolar ass.

One minute he's insulting me and playing with my emotions. The next, he's right by my side acting as if he cares. I don't get him, I don't get boys at all.