Ted Bundy

Ah, Yes another Infamous serial killer... Hope you enjoy the gruesome story of Ted Bundy..

Ted Bundy

One of the most notorious serial killers in America, Ted Bundy was known for charming his young female victims into complacency before brutally assaulting and murdering them. Though he killed at least 30 women, Bundy went relatively unnoticed until August 16, 1975, when a routine traffic stop led to the discovery of multiple suspicious items, including pantyhose, a ski mask, a crowbar, an ice pick and handcuffs. He soon became a suspect in murders across the US, and his eventual trial in June 1979 was the first to ever be televised nationally in the US.

Bundy was born Theodore Robert Cowell on November 24, 1946, in Burlington, Vermont, at an unwed mothers' home. His mother was 22-year-old Eleanor Cowell, and to this day, the identity of his father has never been known for certain. Growing up, Bundy lived in Philadelphia with his aunts and grandparents, . As a child, Bundy appeared completely normal — for the most part. According to investigative journalist Kevin Sullivan, there is one moment from Bundy's childhood that foreshadowed his future as a serial killer.

Sullivan told Oxygen's "," "It has been reported that one of the aunts woke up one morning, and Ted had taken kitchen knives and placed them pointing at her on the bed. That's the first sign we have that something might be wrong with the child."

In 1950, Bundy and his birth mother moved to Tacoma, Washington, where she married a man named Johnnie Culpepper Bundy, . They went on to have . Bundy said he grew up "" in a Christian home with "no drinking, smoking, gambling, fighting or physical abuse."

But as a teenager, Bundy became enamored by detective magazines that were "full of stories of violent crime and how to get away with it," according to FBI profiler Bill Hagmaier. A psychologist who evaluated Bundy told "Snapped Notorious" that he experienced "a lot of sexual relieving through the fictional stories." Bundy also disclosed in later interviews that his exposure to these magazines led him to seek out "violent pornography and 'more potent, more explicit, more graphic kinds of material," according to .

Around this time, Bundy was on suspicion of burglary and auto theft, but the details of both cases were when he turned 18. Aside from these minor run-ins with the law, Bundy was described as a "" by his high school friends. Teachers remembered him as a "."

After graduating from high school in 1965, Bundy drifted between different colleges before enrolling at the University of Washington. A "shy" student, Bundy was insecure about his lower-middle class upbringing and believed he had "" his peers. But in 1967, . She had grown up in , which Bundy desperately wanted to be part of. The two dated for less than a year, and then she broke off their relationship because she believed Bundy was directionless and "."

A detective told "Snapped Notorious," that "he was devastated by the breakup," and her "rejection was a huge blow to Ted Bundy's ego." Many believe her rebuff may have triggered Bundy's murder spree and possibly motivated him to target women who looked similar to her. A detective told "Snapped Notorious," that she was "bright and beautiful. She had long brown hair, and she was the spitting image of almost all of Ted Bundy's victims."

But in 1969, and started dating a new woman, who was a young mother and divorcee. Along with taking classes and hanging out with his new girlfriend, for Republican presidential nominee Nelson Rockefeller. He also worked at a Seattle , where he met and worked with Ann Rule, a former police officer and aspiring crime writer. In her book "The Stranger Beside Me," as "kind," "solicitous" of her safety and "seemingly empathetic.

In 1972, Bundy graduated from UW, making . The next year, he was accepted into law school at the University of Puget Sound.

The First Murders