The Breathing Walls

These series of events were found on a blog created by REDACTED with the blog being created on May 14, 2011. The creator was found dead on June 5, 2011.

May 14, 2011 - New Home Owners Blog

Hello, blog readers! You have come to here to see what it's like for a person to get their first home! This blog will be me pulling you guys along the crazy adventure of me getting my first house! My name is REDACTED and I am a nineteen year old man with a girlfriend who is ready to leave the parents. Today we have finished house hunting and have decided on a house to buy! It's a three bedroom, one bathroom house in suburban East Grand Rapids, Michigan. Tomorrow we plan on getting a hold of the owner and viewing the house. Next post, none of this formal stuff. I don't like it much.

May 15, 2011 We got a hold of the home owner today, he seemed to be a very nice guy. He was pretty personable and nice, very humorous too. We plan on meeting at the house on the 17th, he has to go on a business trip or something. Before you say anything, this guy wasn't really all that creepy considering all the other home owners I've met. We'll see you on the 17th!

May 17, 2011 Today me and my girlfriend got to meet the homeowner today, and we got to view the house. He looks, dare I say, drastically different than you would picture him considering how he talks and acts. He is mid-size, about 5"9. He's heavy, I would estimate at least 250 pounds. He had black hair, roughed up. Like he got in a fight. Enough of him; the house! The house was dark grey, almost like black but slightly lighter than charcoal. It has a small driveway and a garage, together they could fit about two cars. The interior was clean and tidy, already had furniture. Basically, when you walk in you get introduced to a hallway with a basement stairway going into the basement. When you enter the basement, there's a far wall at the end. On the side, it has a washer and dryer. Some pipes, but really that's it. Perfect for storage too! When you go back upstairs and enter the hallway, on the left there's another hallway with two rooms on the end in (another room room directly on the left by the entrance hallway). On your right they're couches and a TV stand. When you enter the living room you can see a lamp with it a long lounging couch across from the big TV stand with another couch to the left that was short.

Whew, that was a long description. Sorry 'bout that.

To the front was the kitchen door. I personally thought it was odd that the kitchen had a door but my girlfriend that it was clever. When you enter the kitchen you see the sink to your front then to the left cabinets. On your left you see a surprisingly long, hypnotizing dining room. On your direct left you got your stove and oven with more cabinets. In the middle of the kitchen was one of those blocks with the pans hanging you see on those Goosebumps episodes. The perfect house kitchen block? I'll call it that, yeah. On your front/left (so much directions, I'm sorry) was the backdoor. It came with two locks; interesting..?.

We left the kitchen and entered the three rooms. The first one on farthest end of the hallway the was decided to be the master room. It was empty with a walk-in closet, not much. It did have a bathroom though, a interestingly small one.

The second one next to the farthest was decided to be the baby's room. Did I mention my girlfriend's pregnant? It was decided this because we could hear the baby easier and it had a small corner window so no one could enter and harm him, and the closet was attached to ours we could come in without going in the hall.

The third was decided to be the Guest room since it had a very small closet with just a window. That's about it in that one.

In the upstairs (Yeah, it has two floors.) we found just a big storage type room. It already had boxes, which was actually left by the owner because he knew how hard it was to move into a big house like this and finding boxes was excruciatingly painful. Technically it was a attic, but it didn't feel like one.