Chapter 5 - First Island

/ You make me feel things I don't believe in anymore

You make me feel things I don't believe in anymore. /
- unknown
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It has been a few days since the Heart Pirates had set sail. Akira has officially become the cook of the ship. Meals on the sub were always full of nutrients, balanced, delicious, and good-looking. But never luxurious unless it's a special occasion.

"Captain! We will reach land shortly!" Bepo called

"Prepare to surface," Law ordered

"Aye aye, captain."

---------------------------------------

As Akira said, she will not wear the boiler suit, so once she stepped on the island, she found a custom shop for clothes and showed the shop owner her designs. In the sub, it was either too hot or too cold, rarely any 'in-betweens.' So she had designed some summer clothes, winter clothes, and pajamas, all with the Heart Pirate's jolly roger on it. The colors she picked were neutral and pastel, but most were black and white since she doesn't want too many colors on her.

"Okay, I can do that. It'll take at least one day and a half though, so come back tomorrow afternoon to pick them up." The shop owner smiled after Akira had thanked her. 

Akira walked out of the shop and roamed around the town, she had bought some books and supplies. After dropping them off at the sub, she decides to walk a bit more, since no one had returned yet. 

---------------------------------------

Akira was just about to head back when trouble found her, right, it's sunset, trouble always comes at night.

"What is a pretty little girl like yourself doing out here all alone?" Akira halted to a stop when a man with 5 underlings pointed their pistols at her head. Akira narrowed her eyes to the leader and clutched her creepy doll tighter. The other people in town quickly got away from the scene. I see, so it's THAT kind of a town. Akira thought.

"Are you mute? Big bro just asked you a question. Do you know who he is?" One of the underlings smirked

"Listen here girlie, I have a 5 million bounty on my head, you don't want to mess with me." The leader laughed

"..." She remained silent

"Tsk, what a bummer. She's a mute bitch." Another underling scoffed before shooting her on the shoulder. 

"Wrong move." Akira chimed before grabbing the leader's pistol with one hand and his elbow with another, dislocating his arm at an inhuman speed, then hitting his head with the body of the pistol before he fell to the ground. The underlings started shooting at her right away, she used her powers and made the closest food stall float in front of her, blocking the shots. When the food stall drops to the ground, Akira had disappeared from their sight, and before they can figure out what was going on, one body dropped to the ground. Akira stood behind them, making the pistol in the corpse's hand float into her's, she began shooting with two pistols. 

The fight ended as quickly as it started, there was now blood everywhere, 6 corpses, and a girl picking up her doll from the ground. Akira was covered in blood, and so was her doll.

"Two injuries from bullets." She scowled, "I'm getting weaker, dammit."

---------------------------------------

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU?!" Law jumped off the deck of the sub after seeing the bloody girl skipping towards his ship.

"Ah, nothing much, I just got into a fight. That's all." 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN oH nOtHinG mUcH, iT's JuSt a FiGHt?!"

"Stop it captain, the blood's not mine. Well, I mean, most of the blood isn't mine."

Law stared at her as if she has just grown a third leg and a second head. "I- just-" he was speechless

"Yes, captain," Akira spoke and bowed slowly before heading in the sub, to the infirmary. Law stood there for a good 3 seconds before catching up to her.

Bepo, Penguin, and Shachi were horrified by the scene in front of them. Poor dudes were just trying to clean the sub when a bloody Akira stepped in, ruining their newly mopped floor. They would surely pass out if Akira decides to prank them and act like a ghost from a horror movie. But fortunately for then, she wasn't in the mood, Akira was busy scolding herself for 'getting weaker.'

- - - x - - -

"Goddammit Akira-ya, I don't know what happened but you could've died you know." Law scowled as he bandaged her, "that bullet was extremely close to your heart. I'm surprised you can still walk back here as if nothing happened."

"I don't die that easily." Akira frowned

"Yeah, yeah..." Law sighed, "but what if..."

"There's no what if's." She cut him off, "I'm not dying anytime soon."

Law sighed again

"Stop sighing, I said I'm not going to die. You saw the tolerance of my body, I don't die that easily."

"Okay, just be careful next time..."

"... of course."

"We're leaving tomorrow, you shoul-"

"Wait! Not tomorrow, not until tomorrow afternoon. I have to pick something up from town. Please?"

"... what do I do with you." Law looked back one more time before exiting the infirmary, "do what you want."

A/N: kinda short but oh well :/

~make sure to comment and vote~

have a young Ace :3