✷ 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎 ✷

Hey all! This update has nothing to do with the story, but I found this online and wanted to share it with you. This message from 'Charlie' (a fan-written epilogue) really encapsulates how I interpret the DPS fandom and how it's going to be perceived throughout this book. I'm trying to find the original poster on Tumblr and once I do I will link their URL in the comments.

Take a minute to read if you want to. I'll have it transcripted below if the image doesn't load for those of you reading on a mobile device.

 I'll have it transcripted below if the image doesn't load for those of you reading on a mobile device

TRANSCRIPT:

Overheard during...

WELTON ACADEMY - CLASS OF 1959 - REUNION

For nearly 30 years I've heard one thing over and over, "I wish I would have gone to Welton."

Here's the thing I don't say, but oftentimes think to myself. "No, you don't. You wish you would have been at Welton, and in Mr. Keating's class, and been one of the seven Dead Poets."

Most of the kids in Keating's class weren't in the Dead Poets Society. Most of the school didn't know about it until the 'phone call from God' assembly.

But that doesn't actually address everything that goes into someone saying they wished they'd gone to Welton and lived the year of 'carpe diem' and 'make your lives extraordinary.'

Keating and the Dead Poets went up against The Powers That Be - - - and lost. We fought the law and the law won. That's something to consider. No?

Welton didn't change after the year of the Dead Poets, the tragedy of Neil Perry, Mr. Keating's career-damaging dismissal, and my expulsion. It covered its ass and continued, business as usual. It's time for that to change.

Charlie Dalton

Expelled from Welton Academy, Class of '59