[4] I'm Overpowered

The Next Day,

After my mother and I spoke, I fell asleep immediately till the next morning, which I can't tell whether I needed or not. However either way, it leads me to read my accumulation of books today instead of yesterday. I continued with the magic book and learned more information as for how, I an eight month-old child can start doing magic. I won't lie, I am quite excited by the prospects of being able to manipulate elements.

In this world, children at the age of 8 'awaken' their magic by touching one of 8 stones called 'Meilrune Stones', which are heavily guarded by the Church 7 times, once a day for a week. The stones supposedly have many ancient ruins in an unknown language all over the exterior.

After finding a sub-section for the Meilrune stones I've developed a hypothesis for the works behind the experience. The stone actually pressures a child's body to make a child form a core with assistance. The science behind this is that the stone stops the slow leakage of mana from leaving your body and keeps your body sealed for 24 hours, requiring you to touch the stone 7 times to get a full accumulation of mana. Once 7 days worth of mana is built up, the mana can form an accumulation point, or mana core in the center of your body where mana is created indefinitely afterwards. This point can reach all of the mana veins in your body, allowing the magic process to happen.

'The best part of this discovery, I don't even need the stupid stone and that stupid wait time! You could never expect a scientist to wait 7 years ( ˘ ³˘)'

Nobody in this Empire actually knows what the stone does so I imagine I'm the smartest here too (`∀')Ψ

Elias' solution was to use a meditation technique from Earth to meditate on a loose power over his mana to create a film of mana around his body to keep mana all in. In addition, to use mana to create such a film would push his body to create more mana, boosting his amount of mana he would have in his body at all times in the future. After adding optimal environment, sitting position, food, and more to create the easiest area for core creation, Elias came up with an idea that he would only need 5 hours to finish the process. According to the genius' calculations the reason it took so long for the children at the age of 8 was because of the detours the Church and Empire took to teach student magic.

Some of the detours counted as, after children touch the stone at the Church, they decide to talk to other children, and play outside. The right idea would be to fall asleep in the sun, full to the brim with food, and all limbs as close to the body as can be. No energy must be expended and only used on the mana accumulation to create a full core.

This creates another chance for nobles to develop more power than commoners. Even though in this 7 day period all the eight year olds are asked to stay in the Church, commoners would run and play while noble children expend a smaller amount of energy by sitting down, chatting, and eating a couple snacks.

A second detour being, the older a child is, the larger their body is, making it harder for the small amount of mana to create a big seal to force mana into a core and stabilize the body. I believe the issue within only 30% of the population having magic is due to the fact that only people who have frailer bodies or determination can create a core. To have a frail body makes the mana easier to spread since less physical body is actually apparent. If a large child wanted to have a core they would have to push through the last hours of the 7 day period to push the mana barrier down towards the core to give a helping hand and make the seal smaller. However it's quite taxing and no children realize that this is even an option.

The Church can't read the ancient language but realizes the rule of 'only children of the age of 8 can attend'. However this was just a guess that is widely accepted around the empire.