Seasons 1-10

Because I've just started writing down my observations about the show at season 10, I wanted to take a chapter to really talk about the first 9 seasons and really reiterate how season 9 flipped the script. 

It was made clear to the audience that there was a pattern when it came to Sam and Dean's relationship with the Supernatural world. Sam slept with a demon (Ruby). Dean slept with an angel (Anna). According to the prophesy, Sam was Lucifer's vessel and Dean was Michael's (the archangel meant to kill the devil). When Sam has no soul, Dean calls upon an angel to help. Over and over again you see Dean aligned or associated with angels, and Sam always associated with demons. The brothers are opposite sides of the same coin. 

It's interesting to me that it took 9 whole seasons for the pattern to break. I remember the exact moment I realized the switch. It followed Sam and Dean's separation after another serious talk by the impala. After the separation, it is Sam who works with the angel (Castiel) and the angel tells Sam that his body contains angel's grace.  Meanwhile, it is Dean who works with the demon (Crowley) who tricks him into getting the mark of Cain. 

Dean being an ultimately good character was one of my favourite things about the show, and it definitely caught me off guard when I realized that he was being associated with the dark side. Nonetheless, I continue to love the show.

After starting season 10, I loved the parallel of Sam locking Demon Dean in their "dungeon." It mirrored the time Dean locked demon-blood-addicted Sam in Bobby's bunker. I thought it was really cool that Dean locked up a human Sam to keep him from ingesting demon blood, whereas Sam locked up a demon Dean to force human blood into his system. 

Those are my thoughts for now,

Thanks for reading! 

My Thoughts on Supernatural EpisodesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara