fourty nine

I got up on the 7th of December, with an enthusiastic smile, and a while lot of energy. It was a nice change from my general 'I hate everything and everyone' which was particularly emphasized in the mornings.

Today, I was getting my cast off, and there was no one looking forward to that more than I was...well if that isn't obvious.

Not sure how many of you remember, but today was also the day of the Famous Eddie's outlet opening up in Westwood!! Eddie's, with the great cheesecake!!

My doctor's appointment was at 4 in the evening, and we were gonna go straight straight to Eddie's after, and if I'm being completely honest here, I was looking forward to the cheesecake more than getting my cast off.

During the course of the day, I painted an ugly scenery, read half of a book, and took a nap, and at half past three, my mom picked me up from school, and drove me to the hospital.

After a long 30 minutes wait, a 40 minutes appointment, I FINALLY got my cast off.

I was a little bummed out though, because I was apparently not going to be able able actually workout for at least another month, but they said I could start walking longer distances and see how my lungs cope with that, whatever the fuck that means.

My mom then drove me to Eddie's, where I met the others. She went back home, and I enthusiastically pushed the pull door walking into the Eddie's outlet, feeling the pleasant smell of freshly baked ice cream cones hit my nose.

I smiled and headed up to the counter, while the others took a seat at one of the Booths.

I was going to order, when I saw Cassidy beside me.

"Hayley, hey! You got your cast off, congrats I guess," she said,

I nodded slightly, "mmh thanks," I mumbled.

"Hey have you checked the internship site recently? I belive there's just one spot left, so all the best for that!!" She squealed.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Wait you know what let me check for you," she added, "My dad was telling me last night that he wanted the last candidate to have something really special...I think you're pretty special, don't you?" She smiled.

HER WHAT NOW

"your da- what?"

"My dad owns the company silly, I told him to put in a good word for yo-
Aww would you look at that, the last spot has been given to.....Cassidy Whitlaw! Wow, I didn't apply, would you look at that!" She smiled. I clenched my jaw biting back tears.

"Hey, what's taking so lon- oh" Levi said from behind me seeing Cassidy,

"Hey," Aiden said to me, narrowing his eyes at us .

I rolled my eyes as far back as they go, trying so damn hard to control myself,

"Uhm, 6 slices of your baked cheesecake with raspberry sauce please," I smiled at the guy at the cashier,

"Sorry, she just took the last one," he said, pointing at Cassidy.

OH JESUS FUCK THATS IT !!!

I pounced out infront of me, onto Cassidy, feeling strong arms grab my waist and holding me back,

"Your ribs are still broken Hayley," Aiden said from behind me, and Levi placed his arms between Cassidy and I.

Caissy looked at me and smiled sarcastically, UGH THAT GIRL.

I almost growled at her, trying to jump back at her, "hey, hey," Aiden said stopping me again.

I'VE BEEN WANTING THIS DAMN CHESECAKE FOR MONTH NOW.

I clenched my jaw again and took a deep breath in,

Okay fuck it. Doesn't matter, she doesn't matter. I'll get my cheesecake whenever they re-rtock, and the internship doesn't matter, it's alright.

Okay. Oof.

She walked away not to long after, and Levi went back to the table.

I'm guessing he told he others to not ask about the cheesecake, cause no one questioned it when I brought them ice cream instead.

I explained that she got the internship I wanted, and they said that it wasn't worth it anyway. They also hyped up the fact that I had a working leg, which was great, and we decided to go out for dinner.

Once the sun began setting, Scarlett and I got ready together, and we headed out to a fancy East Asian Restaurant.

"I have a little suprise for you Jones," she said.

"What?" I chuckled.

"It's not much, but we did a little something for you, cause the past few months haven't been easy for you, and..."

I sighed. "You look amazing," I hummed.

"You do!!" She laughed
I ordered some really amazing noodles, and when we were waiting for the food to come I got a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I said, getting up, and walking towards a quiet place.

"Hi, Hayley it's me, I'm calling from RWK Assets, I spoke to you about the internship offer a few days ago?" She said,

"Oh..yeah, hey," I said softly.

"I was disappointed that you didn't send in an application, but-

"What? No I did-" CASSIDY.

"It's alright, I got in touch with Aiden Gray and Scarlett Parkson earlier this morning, they sent me a resume on your behalf is that correct?" She said.

Wait what?

"Anyway, I took a look at your work, as did my boss, and we were wondering if you'd like to sign with us?" She said.

"What?! Oh my god! What?!" I squealed.

"Yeah, we can't take you permanently, because you're still in high-school, but we do have a new program for younger performers and artists," she said.

"YES, thank you so much, it outlet really love that," I said,

"Alright," she laughed, "I'll set up a meeting asap," she said and hung up.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I DONT DESERBE THESE FRIENDS WTF.