Chapter 7: Graduation - Cal

Cal

This past year has been long and drawn out. After graduation, I began my internship in running the Roth Corporation. My mentor is a good guy and all, but I have one thought on my mind. Checking each day off the calendar, waiting for our time to begin again.

I hope we can start up where we left off if she'll have me.

The job here is easy. The board makes most of the decisions, so that leaves me as a glorified prince with nothing to do. I know that once I turn thirty, it will all be mine to run, but that is seven years from now, and I have other plans.

By the time the day arrives, to take over my family's company, will I even want it? This is my inheritance, from a man I never knew, from a family that is nothing but money-grubbing assholes. They all want this place more than life itself, but I couldn't care. There is only one thing I covet, and soon she will be mine again.

Packing my things for a weekend with her, and it's so hard to believe that the day is finally here. It's been years, but I have done as she requested and planned this weekend out to the letter. Part of me worries that this might be too much. I don't want to freak her out, but it has to be perfect.

I've been preparing for such a long time. She deserves the best, but will she accept my proposal?

My mind is racing and I can't keep second-guessing myself. Take it slow and feel her out. You know Amelia and she knows you. It will work, it's self out and whatever she wants I will accept.

That's what I keep saying while loading up the brand new 2007 silver Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe. This is one of her graduation presents and I really hope Amelia likes the car, because I've enjoyed driving it these past few days. The car is so fast and sleek. She handles well and I push it hard to see how fast she will go.

My God, how I have missed her. It's been five long years since we parted and I hope Amelia is as excited to see me.

Quickly, I do a check of the house, making sure everything is set before I head out. I plan to bring her back here, if she wants, and show her my new house. The master bedroom is all set up. The maid is on standby to get the house ready for my important guest. You know, rose peddles, candles, champagne, Jacuzzi, the works. I want her to have everything she has ever wanted and I won't spare any expense.

Money has always been a nightmare to me. It makes the press hunt for a picture of the billionaire playboy out on the town, so they can sell a few more papers. Basically, I keep out of the spotlight as much as possible and dressed in different disguises to keep them at bay.

Shit, I hope she has not seen the articles in those rag sheets, but if she has, hopefully, Amelia won't believe any of that garbage.

It's so hard to live a normal life, being stalked all the time. Somehow, they always find me, but I could keep them out of my personal life while at college. Not that they didn't make stuff up about me, the bastards.

Now that I've graduated, it's a different story. They are watching me again, but I've kept my nose clean. These vultures wait outside my building and follow me home every night. Thank God, I found this house in a gated community, where the security is top-notch.

Inside is my domain, and if they try to step foot in here, they'll get in some very hot water. Of course, it doesn't stop them from making up stories about my love life, but this is why I have lawyers. It might be nice to finally use some of my good fortunes for something that will make us both happy.