8

Charlie's POV

School ends. 

I was able to avoid Adam, Ethan, and Dean all day. I kept my head down in the halls and on the walk home, praying that no one will be like 'yo you're that twink that the scary threesome are fucking with'.

I throw my bag on the kitchen table. I sigh as it rolls off the table and hits the ground. Glancing outside, I spot movement in the trees. I raise my eyebrows, walking over to the glass door.

A light furred wolf steps out of the pine. I gasp, somehow recognizing it as the one from yesterday.
It's tall, like the one from yesterday. It has to be the same wolf, right?

It steps forward, stepping onto the porch. I watch carefully before deciding to get lower. I crouch down to kneel in front of the wolf, making eye contact with it. Up close, I note the shimmer of the wolf's eyes. They're a beautiful bright blue, like a rippling lake in the summer.

I was at eye level with the blond wolf. It stared at me, observing. And I stared back, doing the same.

Suddenly, the two other wolves from yesterday came through the trees. They come forward, standing on each side of the blond wolf.

I looked at each one of them, admiring the different shades of their eyes. And their soft looking fur. I placed my hand on the glass, only wanting to touch them.

Up close, when I'm not terrified, they're so much more majestic and gorgeous.

All of a sudden, the front door opens behind me. I leap up and spin around. Dad walks in, grinning at me, luckily not sensing my awkwardness, "Hey, wanna go out to dinner tonight? Get a feel for the town?"

I nod and try to ignore how I was just staring at a couple of dogs like they were the last sunset on Earth, "Sure. How was work?"

Dad shrugs, "Fine. Not too busy."

I nod, watching him leave the kitchen. I turn back around to the back porch. But the wolves are already gone. I sigh, already missing the unusual animals.

I go to the table, leaning down to pick up my backpack before opening it. I grab the homework from inside, deciding to do it before we leave for dinner.

Eventually, I finish the last paper. I put my stuff away as soon as Dad comes out of his room, dressed in casual clothes.

He looks at me, "You ready?" 

I nod, standing from the table and heading for the front door.