Chapter - 16

Singhania Corporation

Mumbai

Sanjana's POV:-

Akshay's secretary is giving me a tour of his office- only upper floor. It would be almost impossible to cover all the floors.

We are currently on the floor of Design- Singhania Automobiles. It is so different from all the working spaces I have seen. It was spacious, with bean bags and comfy chairs sprawled over. It was the only place in the company which was not formal at all.

Everybody was comfortably working but mine and Claire entry has gained attention.

"Why this special treatment to this department specifically ?" I questioned Claire.

"Because, we are favourites of Mr. Singhania." A tall, good looking woman dressed in a tight fitted jeans and top answered.

"Akshay does not do favourites." I answered her while forwarding my hand for introduction.

"Sanjana." I said while shaking my hand with her.

"Kanika Kapoor - General Head, Design, Singhania Automibles, India." She said arrogantly emphasizing on her position.

I was about to give her a fitting reply when an arm snaked around my waist. I tensed at first but relaxed on identifying the familiar touch of my husband.

"Kanika, I see you have met my wife." Akshay said while adjusting me to his side.

"Wife?" She squeaked out surprised. All the colour draining from her face. I see, she have hots for my husband.

"Yes, wife. Why did she not informed you?" He asked her, while questionly gazing at me.

"I just did not want it to spread before it was formally announced. I know how office gossip works." I answered before she can open her mouth.

"Ok, So ready for formal introduction?" He agreed while suspiciously gazing at me.

Ofcourse, at least that will prevent you from all the greedy eyed bitches. I thought to myself.

"Ofcourse." I said turning and sweetly smiling at him. He glanced at his watch. "Before that have you seen my personal collection of automobiles?" He asked.

"No, I did not come across it." I responded.

"Let me show it to you." He said while dragging me with him.

"Ok, Ok, I am not going anywhere." I said to him while he was hurriedly dragging me across the room.

When he did not paid any heed to my words. "I am in heels, Akshay." I said while trying to keep up with him.

"Oh!" He muttered while slowing down.

"Why is your security with you even in your office?" I said finding it weird to have tailing us.

"Its their job." He answered while shrugging his shoulders.

By now we were at front of a huge opaque glass.

"Ready?" He asked while pressing his thumb in electric pad.

"Yeah, I am." I waited for door to open but it did not.

A automated screen appeared on the opaque glass. A teller voice announced "scanning retina". After a second on a small screen "Matched" appeared in green letters and asked for password. I turned myself in other direction when Akshay typed.

Without a voice, the wall separated giving a way to Akshay Singhania's collection.

"Come." Akshay said while ushering me in. As I entered I was amazed by almost hundred of cars at display.

We roamed around hand in hand, listening to him speak so passionately about the cars. I have very limited knowledge when it comes to supercars, luxury and vintage cars but I pretended to understand his everyword.

"Its time for your introduction." He said when his phone beeped. We exit the wall and it automatically shut down.

We were in elevator, going to his floor. "You did not understand a word back there, right?" Akshay said while turning to me.

"Honestly?" I questioned him and when he nodded "You lost me when you got all technical." I answered.

"I got to see some of my all time favourites." I added to loosen him up.

*

The introduction was a success. I was introduced to the top most exexutives of the company personally and to employees virtually.

Singhania's Mansion,

Mumbai.

I and Kirti came home at around 7:00 in evening. Akshay was not with us because he have to fly to States for an important meeting.

In that time, I took it upon myself to find who have stolen the financial records of Singhania Corporation.

I am in my room lying on my stomach and with my feet dangling in air. I was studying the intel of the stealing, trying to find out something which we would have missed during first discussion. Till now, I don't have any success.

I need to find out who did this and why? Tommorrow, I am gonna going to discreetly interview employees at my office and will try to find. Akshay has aksed me to not interfare as if I am gonna listen to him.

I hope it will not lead to something that will be harmful for us in long run.

*