chapter 40.

nostalgia, forty

nostalgia, forty.
a sleepless city

Seeing as she'd been given the amazing opportunity to tour Seoul National University- despite some road bumps here and there- Han Yebin wanted to take the liberty of thanking Jungwon with a free lunch in the city

Seeing as she'd been given the amazing opportunity to tour Seoul National University- despite some road bumps here and there- Han Yebin wanted to take the liberty of thanking Jungwon with a free lunch in the city. The girl snuck out of her hotel right after attendance check, and found herself in front of room 127 once more.

And just like last time, the door was opened by Watanabe Haruto. "Hey, it's you again!"

"Hey, Ruto." She smiled. "Can I talk to Jungwon?"

"Oh, he um- he just left," Haruto told her. "Said something about inquiring more about the SNU business program?"

Yebin furrowed her eyebrows. "Really? Where'd he say he was going?"

"Some café." Haruto shrugged, and Yebin's lips parted slightly in realization. "I can call him, if you want?"

"No, that's okay," Yebin said awkwardly. "I just didn't know he had plans for today."

"Make plans with us, then!" Sunoo chimed in, throwing his jacket on as he walked to the door. Yebin looked hesitant, and he pouted. "What, are we too boring for you?"

The girl's eyes widened. "Of course not, I just- well, I guess I shouldn't waste all this money I brought."

"Yeah!" Both Sunoo and Haruto excitedly draped their arms around her shoulders, earning loud protests from the girl as they walked out of hotel room.

You don't get jealous, Yebin reminded herself as she used her chopsticks to mix her ramen. That was true. With Kiyoung, she couldn't care any less when he'd spend time with someone else. She racked her brain for why it was any different with Jungwon.

Shaking her head, she ate a mouthful of the expensive noodles. She wasn't going to let heaven go to waste.

Haruto and Sunoo exchanged glances as the girl silently but aggressively chewed her food. Yebin was usually all sunshine and rainbows, at least in Haruto's mind, and so he cautiously cleared his throat. "Yebin, what else were you planning to do in Seoul?"