Chapter three

Aabirah and Safwa are walking along the road holding shopping bags

Aabirah and Safwa are walking along the road holding shopping bags. They see a stall selling ice cream.  "Safwa... Let us have ice cream," Aabirah says.

Safwa agrees, and walks to the ice cream man. She orders two vanilla flavors of ice cream. "Please, we want two ice cream, vanilla flavors,".

The ice cream man nods.

There is a bench in front of the Ice cream stall. Safwa and Aabirah sit on the bench to wait for their ice cream.

"How's Aalim?" Safwa ask.

"Aalim?" Aabirah asks. "I don't care, I don't know. We are not together anymore.".

Safwa looks at Aabirah with a surprising look. "You used to think and talk about him all the time,".

"That was before. I don't care anymore because he's married to Hamda,".

"Hamda?".

"Can you believe it? He married my best friend,".

"I can't believe it...".

"Neither could I... Let's not talk about him. Let's talk about someone special,".

"Like who?" Safwa asks, raising her eyebrows.

"You know, like...".

"Assalamu Alaykum...," Dalaj says as he walks to them.

"Wa'alaikum Salaam," they reply at the same time. The ice cream man gives them the Ice cream.

"How are you?" With a smile, she asks.

"Alhamdulilah... How about you?" Dalaj asks.”.

"Alhamdulilah...," Safwa replies.

"Aabirah," Dalaj says.

"Hy," Aabirah says and looks down
.
"How's everything going? Is everything fine? Aqila?" Safwa asks.

"Aqila is fine. She has been asking about you. Where is my beautiful aunt?"

Safwa laugh. "I miss her too. When is she going to come back?".

"I have no idea," Dalaj replies.

"With a concerned voice, Safwa says "Dalaj..,".

"I am fine... I have to go," Dalaj says.

Her face is full of concern, she nods. Dalaj walks away.

"What just happened? Where is his daughter? Is he with his wife? Are they divorced?" Aabirah asks.

"His wife is a maniac... She is a maniac, but I shouldn't be calling her that. But she is," Safwa says.

"What happened?" Aabirah asks.

"All I know is, she had an accident five years ago. I think it has been six years. Their firstborn, Taj, was in the car with her. She was in a coma. She was no longer herself after she woke up.".

"All she needs is help," Aabirah says.

"Dalaj has tried everything he can, but she hasn't improved. Everyone has lost hope that she will come back the way she was.".

"I hope she gets better soon.".

***

Aabirah walks into the garden and sees Dalaj sitting on a bench. She walks to him. "What are you doing here? It will be dark soon,".

He raises his head and looks at her.  "I am just relaxing,"

Aabirah sits down on the bench, leaving a space between them. "The garden is something I want to see every day. You're one of the kinds of people who are patient.".

Dalaj looks at her. "What do you mean?".

Aabirah looks at him. "You must have been the one to make this garden so beautiful.".

Dalaj smile. "Why did you say that I am a patient person?".

Aabirah stands up, pointing to the flowers. "It's obvious that it takes a lot of patience to care for them and wait a long time for them to magically grow and still care for them. That's love. It's fascinating that your love flows through everything here.".

Dalaj laugh.

"Knowing you a short time. I know you are a good person. If you need my help with anything, I will always be here."

"I will ask for your help. Don't turn your back when I ask for your help.".

"I promise," Aabirah says, smiling.