Chapter 43

It was a few hours after I fell asleep in Karson's arms, and we were now fully clothed, in the gym Karson had been training in the past week. He let me sleep because he knew how exhausted I was, but he eventually had to wake me up because we both knew he needed to get one last session in before tomorrow.

I felt like I was walking weird when we walked into the building because Karson sure did a number on me. The area between my legs was so sore, and all he did was laugh at me every time I waddled to wherever I needed to go. I would flip him off every time, saying that this was his fault.

I eventually got used to the pain after being on my feet for some time, so it was easier to walk around with the soreness in between my legs. He even warned me as we were getting dressed that I would be a little bit sore because my body wasn't used to having something that big fully inside of me. Karson's words, not mine.

I gently shook my head, biting back a laugh as that memory replayed in my head. I was standing afar, leaning against a wall as I watched Karson's fist pound against the punching bag in front of him.

He only wore a blue pair of shorts, showcasing his toned body as sweat glistened his arms, back, and chest. Just the sight of him made me nervous. His hair was damp due to how much he was sweating and he had wireless headphones against his ears as his fists repeatedly pummeled into the punching bag.

I stood a little ways away from him to make sure he didn't get distracted. I wanted him to focus on everything he's been working hard for. I didn't want to be the one thing that distracted him from winning the fight against his father. I knew when to back off, and this was that time.

I let my mind wander to my siblings as my eyes trailed around the gym. There were many different machines scattered throughout one corner of the gym as the punching bags were hidden in the furthest corner of the gym. There was a boxing ring in the middle where professional boxers fight, to either practice or actually fight against their opponents.

I didn't even know how he found this gym because I've never seen any gym like this. It was almost perfectly made for underground fighters. There weren't many people in here, only Karson and I in this corner while three people occupied a few machines across the building, in the opposite corner.

As Karson and I were at the gym, my siblings were still at their friends house. Olivia was with her best friend Stacy, sleeping over so she didn't have to go to the fight tomorrow. Jace was going out to eat with some of his football friends, but he said he would be back before eleven tonight.

Karson and I eventually told my siblings, Colton, and Braxton about the fight against his father. To say the boys weren't too happy would be an understatement. They were enraged, but I reassured them and told them that as long as Karson focused, everything would be okay. I was like them at first, but I eventually calmed down and made sure Karson knew that I was going to be right by his side, supporting him no matter what.

I knew Colton and Braxton would be at the fight tomorrow, insisting that they needed to support their best friend. Jace also wanted to go even though I was a little hesitant at first. I didn't want anything to happen to him, but at the same time I knew that the guys would protect both Jace and myself if anything happened.

My thoughts were abruptly cut off when I heard the sound of the punching bag slam against the wall. My body flinched as my eyes shot up to see Karson viscously punching the bag in fury. His fists were wrapped up, but the force of those hits were definitely going to injure him. He was taking all his anger out on the bag in front of him, and if he didn't stop, he would seriously hurt himself.

I quickly made my way over to where he was as I watched his face contort with anger. He continued to pound against the bag as sweat profusely dripped down his tense back muscles. "Karson!"