25. Phones and Texts

Athena

I washed the mugs and went back to the sofa, feeling very sleepy but I had to stay awake.

Ace was still there, staring with his grey eyes out the large glass window a few feet away. The rain was now pouring down lightly, but the sky still sparked and roared in thunder.

"Does anyone know we are here?" I suddenly asked. I didn't want to worry any of them.

"No." His reply was hesitant but firm. Umm...?

"Is your phone dead too?" I asked, turning to look at his face. The room now was dimly lit since the dark clouds were away, but not enough.

"No." He said again, making me run out of patience. "Ace you have to call at least someone, I don't want them to worry."

"Let them worry." Huh? Did he fight with anyone? That was stupid, he did not have time for fights.

"If you have any problem calling them hand over the phone, I will." I said firmly. I didn't want to worry my parents or Layla. Only them, then they would get the message spread if needed.

He didn't even move a muscle to grab the phone beside him. What's gotten into him?!

I stood up and tried to reach for the phone but in a single push I was on the sofa, and Ace on top of me.

My eyes widened at this position, and his face was up close. What is he trying to do? Is he trying to say something?

"You are calling no one." Ace lowly growled into my face, his dark features in an unusually angry frown.

I shook my head at him stubbornly, freeing my hands from his grasp and reaching for his phone again. Letting out an angry roar that almost resembled the terrifying thunder above, which both made me shudder, he snatched it from my hands and got off me.

And then he did something that made me wonder if I was staying with a psychopath.

Ace threw it out the fucking window.

Why would he do that?! It's his goddamn phone!

"Call now." Ace said coolly, and I watched him with my jaw on my chest. "What is wrong with you Ace?! That...why....you are fucking mad!" I yelled over the noise of the thunder that shattered through the clouds.

But this time, I had no time to flinch away. I was standing on the ground with a fucking pissed-off glare at him. He was impossible.

"Maybe I am." Okay, hold up. What the fuck?!

"What is wrong with telling your family that you are safe?! Why would you want to worry them?!" I shouted. I didn't know why I was so fucking mad but I was, mad. And I couldn't help it no matter how scary the dangerous glare he set on me was.

"I said so, that's that." I scoffed at his answer. "Well Mr. I Don't Have Time For Emotional Shit, I don't want my parents to worry for me and add it to their already health problems! You don't die doing something simple." And to my surprise, Ace flinched with my words.

I am sure it's not because of my voice, I used the same tone he didn't have any problem with minutes ago.

"And you think I care about what you think?" Ace recovered and snapped. And that sentence made my heart drop.

No, he never means it, he loses control when angry. Don't.

I still couldn't help the way my eyes stung. I am the stupid one. To give him so many chances, yet he messed up in the worst way. And then again, I keep having hope.