(5)

part 5, almost done 😩😩😩💅💅

"Goodbye girls!" I say, and they sigh. "I'm so sorry we can't stay longer..! I really wish we could, I just have a cheerleading competition and-" Tay starts but I interrupt.

"It's fine.. If I leave I won't be gone for too long, I'm going to college here anyway. I still think it's the most beautiful place I've been.." I flash them a smile,.

"Please come back.." bev mumbles, and Royce comes up behind me, wrapping his arms behind my waist. "She'll be back one day Bev I promise, and if her flight gets delayed you can come back for her. Okay?"

They sigh, pulling me out of his arms and hugging me goodbye.

When Bev leans in, she whispers lightly in my ear just so that they can't hear.

"I'm so sorry he did this.. I know you two were meant for each other.. one day, Kelca.. you can make it until he deserves you. I love you.." and she walks out the door.

Yay leans in, "you're my favorite of every girl Royce has brought home, Kel.. and you lasted the longest. You stayed for us when we're foster kids.. nobody else did.. goodbye.."

And she walks in the door. Gerald, Royce's dad who had come to pick up Bev and Tay, walks in. "Oh my my, I'm so happy you made it, Kelca.. will you come sit with me? The girls can wait outside.. and Royce, give us a moment okay?" He asks.

Royce let's put a frustrated breath, stepping into the kitchen as Gerald takes me to the couch. He sits down next to me, his hand on my shoulder. "Kelca dear, you're the most Amazon young lady I've met. I know for a fact you'll grow to be an amazing and smart young woman.. but one thing that's special about you is how much you loved my son.. he acted in a way I did not teach him.. and I could've only hoped he would never do, and yet you still have such a kind heart to forgive him.. your heart is that full of love and compassion. I cannot do anything but hope my daughters can find a boy like you.. and that my son will get you back. I know what he's done.. I know it hurts, and I expect nothing from you.. I just want you to know how much we all love you. You'd be the best in-law, Kelca. Now I must get Tayana to her competition, she already has to change in the car.. but stay careful okay? He couldn't do it without you.. he can handle you somewhere else in the world.. but he can it live in a world where you don't exist. I know he can't."

I smile, a tear slipping down my cheek from happiness as I smile. "You've always been amazing, Gerald.. I wish you a good few months.. I'll be back soon.. and I'll make sure to visit you even if I don't visit Royce.. I'll be careful. Now go take Tay!"

He laughs, standing up and dusting off his knees. "Love you, Kelca! Now you two," he starts, grabbing the door handle and smiling. "Make sure to not say anything you will regret.. don't waste your moments with somebody.. you never know if they'll be your last."

And the door shuts. Royce lets out a deep sigh, walking over and dropping himself onto the couch next to me. "God I forgot they were coming over. That was stressful.. thank god I cleaned for you-"

"You cleaned for me?" I ask with a laugh and he smirks, resting his head on my lap. "Well what else was supposed to do? I couldn't sleep, what if something happened to you? What if you needed your inhaler? What if your cuts opened up? I checked on you every ten minutes.." he lets out a small, shy laugh.

I smile, my face dropping as I recall everything Royce's dad said.

"Did you really think I was dead, Royce?" I ask and he grows stiff. "Sorry that was a bit blunt-" I start, but he shakes his head, answering me quickly.

"I was pretending I didn't.. but I was always at the hospital for that whole week.. watching ever member of your family slowly lose hope and leave the waiting room where we sat. You grandparents left first," he laughs lightly, "I think your grandma and grandpa have a crush on me.." he smirks, looking me in the eyes and sighing. "Then your dad left.. and then your mom.. she made me swear that if anything happened I would call her. I called her every night anyway... just to tell her how much I missed you... I was alone for maybe two days? In that fucking waiting room where I got no sleep. The only reason I didn't leave.. is because I felt like if I was there.. I wouldn't let anything happen to you."