Chapter 22

I wake up screaming and Issac immediately wraps his arms around me.

"It's okay. It's okay." He repeats in attempts to calm me down.

"Sofia, unlock this god damm door." Scott yells and I roll my eyes. "Sofia?" Mom calls and I look up at Issac.

We aren't exactly dressed to answer the door. "I'm fine. Go away!" I yell and Issac shakes his head at me, signalling they haven't left.

"Sofia, I will break this door down." Scott warns and I roll my eyes. "Alright fine, give me a second." I say and jump out of bed. Quick and as quiet as possible I put Issac's top and some sweatpants.

I open the door and lean against the door. "How can I help you?" I ask and they look at each other and at me.

"You were screaming." Scott says and I furrow my eyebrows. "I was? I'm sorry for waking you." I say pretending to have no clue what he's talking about.

"I think we need to talk." Mom says and I groan. "Nope." I say and go to close the door but she puts her foot in the way.

"I'm sick of this Sofia. I'm sick of the not talking, the attitude and now your nightmares." She says and I roll my eyes. "I have no clue where it came from." She says and I scoff. "I don't want to do this now." I say yawning.

"You never want to do it Nia, don't you understand. We need to talk and I'm sick of waiting for you to be ready." She says and I look at Issac who shrugs at me. That's not useful.

"I'm never gonna be ready." I mutter and she meets me eyes. "Why the hell not?" She asks and I take a deep breath.

"You ruined my life, you're still ruining my life. I don't wanna feel bad about not wanting to forgive you which will happen if we talk. I'm so angry at you and you don't even see that. You don't even see me. You never have. It's always Scott." I say sighing.

"I've nearly died for him twice, but if it were reversed it would be the biggest deal in the world." I say staring into her eyes.

"Sofia." She starts but I shake my head. "You didn't even care that I got shot for him and you didn't even come and see me. Not even once. You don't understand where this attitude comes from but you don't give me a reason to be kind to you. You're a shit parent to me. The only good thing you've done for me is let Issac stay." I say.

"You don't see me, you never have. The only reason you're stood here now is because everyone else is and because I'm an inconvenience to you. That's all I've ever been. Dad may have left but at least I'm someone in his eyes, an actual person." I say before forcing the door shut.  I was so angry I didn't even care if I jammed her foot or hand or whatever.

I locked my bedroom door and got back into bed, beside a very naked Issac. "I thought you put clothes on." I say and he shrugs. "Nope." He says and leans down to kiss me.

Issac fell back to sleep shortly after, with me on his chest. I didn't to back to sleep.

****
I get up and dressed, way before Issac does. I put on his grey long sleeve t-shirt and a leather skirt before doing my hair and makeup.

"Do you have to be so loud." Issac groans once I finish putting all my things away. "Yep. Sorry not sorry." I say and he sighs. "I never should of left, you wouldn't of turned into a girl." He says and I laugh before turning to him.

"You should probably get up." I say folding my arms over my chest. "Or we could ditch." He says and I scoff. "No, you've only just gone back to school." I say and he rolls his eyes. "Dramatic." He mutters.

I head downstairs and make coffee whilst Issac gets ready for school.

Once we were ready, we headed to school.