Chapter 40 - Self Preservation

Marianne's POV

I had the craziest dream last night, like one i have never had before. It was so vivid, so clear, it felt so real. I dreamt that Angelo came home sometime in the middle of the night, he got into bed next to me, and we started to make love right away, and woke up tangled in each other's arm.

My face burns up at the memory, my body reacting with a whimper. I close my eyes again, trying to relieve the memory, but unfortunately, the details of our 'intimacy' are slowly fading away as the day unfolds.

I open my eyes and stare at the window, from my position on his side of the bed.

I am really in a complete state off confusion where i think i am struggling largely between my heart and pride, between what i think i should do and what i really want to do.

It's Saturday and there is no rush to get anywhere, since i don't have any plans, i slowly get up off the bed and make my way to the bathroom.

After freshening up and getting dressed, i am just about to go downstairs when my ringing phone gets my attention. I lean over the bed and grab it.

It's mom.

I was actually going to call her after breakfast.

"Hai mom...good morning" I murmur, sitting on the bed.

"Good morning honey....where are you? I am at your apartment and there is a married couple living here, when did you move?" She asks hurriedly..

Oh shit!

"You are in hartford?" I ask rhetorically, my face losing all color.

"That's what I said"

"What are you doing here? You didn't tell me you were coming"

"To visit you ofcourse. Do I need permission to visit you?"

"Ofcourse not, it's just that, if you told me you were coming...I....i could have just come to visit you instead" I mumble.

"Well, are you going to tell me where you are so i can come, because i am just standing here in the corridor."

"Ok....i will come and get you...can you wait for me at the cafe across the street where we met that other time you came to visit." I ask.

"Ok, but is Luke still living here, i could just wait there, it's closer and......."

"No! Don't go to Luke's.....I am coming to get you already" I utter.

"But why not"

"Just wait for me at the cafe ok, i will be there soon" I mumble.

"Ok"

I hang up.

Ok, don't panic.

You are a grown woman who doesn't need to answer to anyone for your decisions.

Ohh crap!!!

*

I arrive at the cafe forty five minutes later thanks to the low Saturday traffic, and walk into the Cafe. Sam insists on going in ahead of me but thankfully goes over to sit at another table.

I spot my mom at a table by the window.

"Hey" I smile at her at I near her.

"Hello" she responds, standing up to give me a hug.

We hug and sit down.

"Why didn't you tell me you moved?" she asks, immediately.

"Yeah, well, it was recent" I respond.