Ambush

~Y/n's POV~

"Alright, let's get you all cleaned up. I mean, what's your daddy gonna say if you go back all schmutzy and stinky like this?" I looked over my shoulder and saw Sid lick his claws and start to wipe the baby's face. I turned back around and rolled my eyes at the little bathing session Sid and the baby was having.

"You clean up nice, little fella." Manny stops Sid from doing anything more to the baby.

"I think he's starting to look like me. Hey, Diego, what do you think?" Sid asked, honestly I'd have to say the baby is cuter than Sid but still ugly.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this." Diego states. Why was he saying that, is something wrong?

"Why not?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"Because if we save him, he'll grow up to be a hunter. Who do you think he'll hunt?" Diego then looked at the baby. I still looked at Diego and thought properly over his words, and he has a valid point.

"Maybe because we save him, he won't hunt us. Ow!" Sid said getting jabbed by the baby.

"Yeah, and maybe he'll grow fur and a long, skinny neck... and call you Mama!" Diego exclaimed to Sid a little too harshly if you ask me. I studied Diego trying to figure out what was wrong but couldn't put my finger on it.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"Nothing. Let's go. I'm freezing my tail off." I watched Diego start to walk away, he was acting weird and I didn't like it. We all then continued walking.

"Hey, Diego! You frozen back there?" Manny asked when Diego was behind us.

"Get down!" Diego yelled. 

"What?" we asked.

"Shh. Get down and follow me." Diego told us.

"Hey, what's going on?" Sid asked him, I needed answers now.

"At the bottom of Half Peak, there's an ambush waiting for you." Diego looked down really ashamed and almost sorry. I stared at shock. This whole time I knew something wasn't right with Diego and now I know why. He set us up, I grew so angry because I actually finally thought we could trust him since the cave.

"What do you mean, ambush?" I snarled and spat at him, he looked at me solemnly but I didn't care I was more than angry, I was pissed.

"You set us up!" I yelled, moving closer toward Diego in my ready to kill stance, this made him back up a little.

"It was my job! I was supposed to get the baby, but then..." Diego started.

"You brought us home for dinner." Manny finished, he too was enraged.

"That's it. You're out of the herd!" Sid exclaimed, and I kept my stance.

"I'm sorry." Diego tried to apologise. 

"No, you're not. Not yet." Manny said pushing Diego up against a wall with his tusks.

"Listen, I can help you." Diego struggled out.

"Stay close, guys. We can fight our way out!" Manny told us.

"You can't! The pack's too strong. You have to trust me." Diego stated.

"Trust you? Why in the world would we trust you?" I snarled back at Diego, who looked at me with generosity.

"Because I'm your only chance." Diego shared, and he wasn't wrong. Saber packs are strong, probably the strongest packs out there. So, I calmed down and looked at Diego.