018

✦ Chapter 18: The Command Centre ✦

SHE FEELS GROGGY as she wakes up, the unfamiliar, blindingly white surroundings are unwelcoming. Isla tries to calm her racing heart as she remembers the recent events of being rescued. Finnick. She attacked Finnick. He deserved it. She feels a slight twinge in her chest, a bit of remorse. Still, he deserved it.

They had sedated her after getting her restrained on the stretcher. Now, she's in a room with what looks like one-way windows on one side. There's nothing but white on the other three walls. Her clothes are different, too. A white night dress, not her Capitol pyjamas she had been dragged from her bed in. She'd almost rather be in the Tribute Centre than locked in this padded cage.

There's a click as the door unlocks and opens. It's a small blonde girl, wearing what looks like a nurse's uniform. She immediately avoids eye contact, staring at the floor as she approaches Isla. She has a tray of food in her hands, a bowl of soup and a bread roll.

"Come to feed me?" Isla practically snorts. The girl smiles sheepishly, placing the tray on the bed next to Isla's legs.

"Yes." She replies quietly, holding the bowl of soup and scooping a spoonful.

Isla sighs, allowing her to insert the spoon into her mouth. "You look familiar." She says in between being fed.

"You know my sister, Katniss." Isla bites her cheeks, inhaling deeply. Primrose, the darling little girl that Katniss volunteered for. She'd grown since last year.

"Yeah, I do. Interesting they'd send you in here." Isla comments, taking a bite of the roll.

Primrose shrugs, finally meeting Isla's gaze. "It was just on my list of duties, I don't think it was on purpose."

"Hm," Isla hums, finishing her food. It was on purpose, it's a test to see if she'll fly off the handle when it comes to Katniss, too. What better way to get back at the Girl on Fire than killing her sweet little sister? But, she doesn't feel any hatred towards the little girl, or her older sister, at least not right now. "Well, Primrose..." Isla smiles, looking into the girl's bright blue eyes. "You probably know Finnick then?" Primrose nods, a small smile forming on her lips. "Well, if you could do me a favour? Can you tell him that if I see him anywhere in this place, I will kill him?" She opens her mouth to speak, but closes it. Her eyes are wide with fear. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I probably won't hurt anyone else, not even your sister."

"Peeta did." Primrose whispers, her voice caught in her throat.

"He what?" Isla asks, it's her turn to have wide eyes. A look of shock plasters across her face.