41| Angelo Regio

A S T R A E A

It's been a week since I turned eighteen. I always heard people talk about how they are so eager to turn finally eighteen and possess the freedom they had always craved. They wanted to be finally treated like an adult. I didn't feel that enthusiasm because I always had this independence and autonomy. I was already treated as a responsible adult way before I had turned eighteen.

Most people like to be treated like adults. But it isn't always fun. Adulthood comes with responsibilities. You now have to start making decisions for yourself. To depend on yourself. It isn't easy. You must now face the true hardships and harsh realities of the world on your own. You always had been protected and now you are exposed to an entirely new universe. And no one can save you but yourself.

I had faced all of this, years ago. Life didn't wait until I was an adult to throw obstacles my way. But here I am as strong as ever. I survived.

I couldn't sleep. It was even midnight. But I was tired and decided to go to bed early, unfortunately, sleep didn't want to consume me. Mom and Dad went on a date while my brothers were either with their hook-up of the day or with their friends. My grandparents who were staying with us were probably asleep.

I got up and headed to the library. It was peaceful. I could maybe read a book and drink some tea. I didn't have the energy to dress up and go out.

My phone suddenly rang. Jules was calling. It wasn't unusual for her to call at any moment of the day so I was worried. Sometimes she calls me in the middle of the night to rant about her sex life or her nonexistent love life.

"Hey, Jules. What's up" I said closing my bedroom door behind me.

"Hello, best friend. I miss you. When are we gonna party together again." She yelled over the music. From her voice, I could tell that she was a bit tipsy. She was at a party which wasn't surprising since it was a Friday night. I had been always refusing to go out to public spaces lately so I know she miss hanging out with me.

"Are you having fun?" I chuckled

"Yep. But it would have been more fun if you were there. I wouldn't even have tried to stop my brother from shoving his tongue down your throat" She whined

"Maybe next week we could visit the new club that opened in Manhattan" I suggested

"Anyways. Guess what?!" She exclaimed excitedly

"You got your nipples pierced?" I tried to guess since it was something that she had been wanting to do for a while.

"No, as much as I want to I am still waiting for you to agree to do it with me" She sighs and I could hear her roll her eyes.

"Yeah, it's gonna take a while. Maybe forever because I won't get my nipples pierced" I shook my head

"Why not? I am sure my brother won't complain. He would love it" She laughed making me join her

"Well, what happened," I asked impatiently

"I slept with Makayla and Savio" She blurred out

"Both of them?" I asked shocked

"Yes" She replied

"Together? At the same time?" I questioned again

"Yes, of course" She answered

"Holy shit, you kinky bitch. Was it good?" I chuckled. God, that girl is untameable.

"Fuck yes. Best sex of my life. I never knew threesomes were so pleasurable" She squealed. The music in the background was fainting.