Chapter 25 {Help}

Children don't listen to you. They observed you...

Catalaiya's pov:

Right now it was noon and I just completed one document which I sent to Nayvee. I turn off my laptop and put all my work stuffs away in my closet. As I walked out, I saw Aria moving around. Her eyes were roaming around the room, examing the new place.

She turned her head toward me and a few seconds later, she gave me a toothless smile.

"Hi baby," I cooed as I sat on the edge.

"You remember me," I chuckled.

She moved her hands and feet as a way to tell me to pick her up. I did. Her pacifier fell onto the bed as I put her on my chest. She looked at me still smiling. The way she was staring made my heart burst with joy.

"Let's go downstairs, there are two people who are waiting to meet you." I kissed her nose.

She was laying on my chest, her arms on my shoulder, her hands in a small fist while I was holding her neck and my arm was under her butt.

I made my way downstairs. Aziel was still sleeping and his bedroom door was closed. I doubt he'll be up for lunch.

"Oh my goodness," Thalia squealed making Aria look at her with calculating eyes.

"You are scaring her," Alfred said behind Thalia.

"Hi baby, did you sleep well? I'm sure you did. You look so fresh..." Thalia spoke. Suddenly Aria started to baby talk as if replying to Thalia.

Awww...

"Can I hold her?" Alfred said and I nodded. He walked forward and carefully pick Aria up. She studied his face before looking at me.

"Say hi," I smiled at her. She looked back at Alfred.

"Please don't cry," he pleaded. Aria reached out to touch his beard. Leo doesn't have a beard, so I guess she found this interesting. She broke in a smile making Alfred smile.

"A child does bring happiness whenever they go." Thalia sigh contented.

"I can bring her outside right?" Alfred asked and I nodded.

"After you, it'll be my turn to pick her up," Thalia told him.

"If I let you," he murmured but we heard him. Before Thalia could hit him with a kitchen towel, he run outside to the pool area.

"I'll set the table," Thalia said.

"I'll help you."

We both set up the table while Alfred look after Aria. I don't know what he was doing but we both heard her coo loudly. We were done with the table when Aziel decided to join us.

"Nice nap?" Thalia asked and he nodded.

"I slept like a baby." He answered.

The ironic...

Does he know that Aria's here?

"Sit down I'll serve lunch," Thalia said and we nodded. We both sat down at the dining table and Thalia served Aziel first since he was beside me. As she proceed to serve mine, Alfred walked in with a crying Aria.

"I think she's hungry too." He says.

"I'll make her bottle," I said as I stood up. I made my way to the couch and grabbed her bottle and formula. I went to the kitchen and quickly did her bottle.

Meanwhile, Thalia and Alfred try to talk to her and rock her to make her stop crying.

Once she saw her bottle in my hand, she stopped her crying. I picked her from Alfred, sat down next to Aziel and feed her.

"You both eat, I'll wait for Catalaiya," Thalia told Alfred and Aziel.

Since Aria was laying on my left arm, her eyes landed on Aziel. She kept staring at him as she drink her milk.

"Mind introducing me to the little guest." I heard Aziel say.

"That's Aria, my niece," I said as I looked up at him.

"Leo's daughter?" He asked and I nodded.

Aria took her time to drink, she look around, take breaks... Alfred was done with his lunch and went to pick a package at the post office while Aziel was on the couch, working on his phone.

Aria was now on my shoulder as I try to burp her.

"We can ask Aziel to look after her as we eat," Thalia suggested.

Will he accept though?

She finally burps and I stood up with her in my arms. Usually, after she drinks, she likes to lay down and play on her own. I made my way to the living room, near the couch. Aziel looked up from his phone and gave me a questioning look.

"Can you look after her while we have our lunch?" I asked.

He looked at me as if I'm crazy.

"Me? Alone with her?" He asked and I nodded.

"She won't do anything and you won't have to do anything. You just have to keep an eye on her as she plays on her own." I explained.

"What if I look away and she fell?" He asked making me chuckle.

"She's too small to turn around. Plus I'll put some pillow around her as a safety barrier." I said.

He looked at Aria in my arm before slowly nodding.

I put Aria on the couch beside him and grabbed a few pillows, doing a barrier around her. She started to baby talk as she found her feet to grab. I grabbed her bag and took out one of the weird squeaky dolls that she loves. I put it beside her before walking away.

Aziel's pov:

I glanced at her and found her playing with her hands while her eyes were on me. It looks like she was examining me.

"Do you even like me?" I asked lowly. I didn't want the other to hear me.

She just stared.

"Of course you won't reply, you can't talk and if you did know how to talk, you would probably be too scared of me," I said.

What I didn't expect was her actually baby talk to me. She went on with what sounded like a full sentence before smiling at me.

Does that mean she likes me?

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah