Christmas tree - W.M

A/N - If you haven't yet, check out my new one shot book about florence and scarlett! 

Thought it was time for a christmas themed story. As always, if you have requests send me a message or leave a comment!

---------------------------------------------------

Wanda's brows furrowed as she entered the avengers tower. It was late on Christmas Eve and she thought she'd be the only one there, she had in fact thought she was alone but that assumption was proved wrong when she caught on to animated talking further down the hall.

"Isn't there any other option? I don't need a direct connection, anything will do..." Wanda caught on to what she now realized to be you talking. A pause followed and as Wanda walked further into the hall and towards your room, she was finally also able to see you, sitting in your chair, your head resting on one of your hands and the receiver of your telephone in the other.

"Alright, thank you ... Merry Christmas," was the last you said, before hanging up and letting out a defeated sigh.

Wanda lingered in the hallway, watching you in the room as you buried your face in your hands, muttering something she couldn't catch. She cleared her throat.

"Everything alright?"

Wanda's voice startled you. She bit her lip as she saw you look up surprised, your eyes eventually landing on her. The light in the room was rather dim, its only source the lamps on her nightstand, but Wanda could still see how sad you seemed.

You offered her a small smile nonetheless before you sighed and shook your head. "I missed my train home because I got stuck doing this paperwork for Tony and apparently there's no alternate option because they're not letting anything drive in this weather. It's not even that bad..."

You both looked out the window to find your assessment proved wrong. A merciless snowstorm was raging and you couldn't make out anything but grey and white blurs.

"Fine, maybe they have a point," you grumbled as you turned back around.

You were surprised to see Wanda so close now, she had walked over in the meantime and now sat down on the edge of your desk beside you. With a comforting smile she put her hand on yours.

"I'm sorry you can't make it home for the holidays."

"Not as sorry as my family probably," you gave her a crooked smile, "God... my mother will go on a rant again of how I work too much and how it's time I settled down with a family instead..."

"Well, Tony really shouldn't have given you all this work so shortly before the holidays just so that he could go home to pepper..." Wanda frowned as she took in the big stack of paper beside you. She would give him some serious ass-kicking coming the new year.

"Yeah..." You slumped back in your chair with a sigh, your gaze somewhere far off before you suddenly matched Wanda's frown. "What are you still doing here?"

"I could not join clint, I was gonna go a few days later to his family, but the weather decided not to let me go." she rubbed her neck.

She looked back out the window, still frustrated the weather might have robbed her off the chance to have a happy family christmas. Wanda's attention snapped back to you when she felt you pat her knee softly.

"I'm sure you'll be able to next year, you deserve a happy christmas" you offered with a smile.

Wanda's heart melted at that. A smile of her own instantly made its way onto her face as she looked at you. "Thank you," she said softly.