ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴ

chapter four: emotion"Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded"☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

"Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded"
☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

      After school, Bella had told her sister what happened with the Cullen boy. He didn't speak to her the entire class period and when it was over he stormed out and tried to change his class. The younger brunette had become offended and so had her sister. Ollie in a fit of anger had cussed him so much that she thought God would send her to hell early. Bella had managed to calm her down, assuring Ollie that she would confront Edward.

     When their father had come home early he asked if they wanted to go eat at Carver Cafe. It was the only place to eat in town but it was loved as the owner too. During one of the summer extended visits, Olivia had put in an application at the diner and successfully gotten a job as a waitress. Thomas (he liked Tommy more) Carver was an older man who had no children. When he hired Ollie he didn't expect her to work long, in his experience teenagers didn't like work, let alone serving food. So when the next summer rolled around and she asked if he still had a waitressing position open, he was shocked and she had worked there every summer since.

     As she walked in a familiar smell worked its way into her nose. She smiled. Ollie hadn't realized how much she missed Forks until she came back.

     They sat and ordered. Her Dad got his usual, a sirloin and fries, Bells asked for a garden burger (which was surprisingly popular considering there wasn't a person in Forks that didn't hunt or fish). Ollie got her usual too, a cheeseburger and fries. After seeing Tommy come out from the back, Ollie turned to her father and said, "Hey, I'll be back. I'm gonna talk to Mr. Carver about a job, see if I can get it back." He folded the newspaper and looked at her with raised eyebrows, "You already know you have a job here Olls."

     Bella watched her older sister waltz through people, greeting people with several waves and hi's. She furrowed her brows as she watch Ollie hug an older and shorter white-haired man. "She used to work here," Bella asked Charlie hesitantly and perplexed. He put down his newspaper and looked over to his oldest daughter, they both watched as Olivia had her hands in a fist under her chin, a smile on her face. Mr. Carver waited a moment before waving his hand and said something they couldn't quite hear, this earned a happy noise from the seventeen-year-old and what looked like many thank yous. "Looks like she has one now," he corrected.

     Their food came but Ollie had managed to miss their waitress and Waylon gushed over how Bella and Ollie were back. How tragic.

     The older twin sat back down, reaching for the ketchup bottle and squirting some out onto the plate. She noticed the silence at the dinner table but didn't think anything of it, finding it comforting. Bella did not.

     "So," she paused briefly, trying to think of something to say, "You eat here every night?"

     "Easier than washing dishes," their father grumbled. Ollie watched him burn water once. The father-daughter duo had to open all windows and doors, after Charlie became annoyed with the loud and endless blaring, he hit the alarm off the ceiling with the end of a broom.