Dark Devices.

October 22nd

October 22nd

THE GIRLS OF GERALDINE PREPARATORY ACADEMY OF  NEW YORK , MET TOGETHER IN ISALINA'S ROOM.  ONCE MORE.

Nikita Acharya's agitation  was incontrovertible, both in looks and demeanour.  

Orpha stood in the middle of the room, the girls surrounding her in scattered ways.  

She cleared her throat and spoke with a slight jittering joy.

"Thank you all for coming here on such short notice ladies.  I really appreciate it.   "

Someone coughed.  

"OK... alright, well. Let's just get to it. Draco's birthday festivities  are in 3 days and I have decided we do something to celebrate it. "

"At first it was just going to be a small rudimentary thing, like a present from me . But that quickly became a lie, when Broderick somehow found out and well... now it's a little get together sorta thing.  "

"And we ALL are going to take part."

"Why though?  He's YOUR guide?  You're  doing a bit too much  "  Serafina asked tired, rubbing her head. 

Painkillers just didn't seem to be working these days and unimportant meetings as this one were proving to not be conducive to healing her rampant headache. 

A  low chatter rung amongst the girls as they agreed in unison.  Aria half asleep on Isa's bed, who looked unpleased with Aria's placement of  shoes. 

Orpha's skin slightly reddened. 

"I - well,  you don't ha-

"Just because you aren't close with your guide, doesn't mean you should be bitter about Orpha and Draco's cordiality."   Lorna spoke up, fixing her glasses. 

Sera growled, ticking her jaw. 

"I'm not bitter Simmons ju-

"Then there's no problem."

"I never said there was a problem"

"Good, because doing nice things for nice people, shouldn't be "too much"  or a  topic of discussion.  Draco's a good guy, the most tolerable of them all  and  his birthday coming up.  Nothing more, not much else." Lorna's gaze went back to the paper with arcane numbers once more.